About the Opportunity
The Career Services Advisor provides comprehensive career services to Northeastern learners including design and delivery of experiential career programming and professional development, counseling, and advising for undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni across the global Northeastern network in the areas of career development, selection of major and/or career, and job acquisition.
The Career Services Advisor also serves as a liaison to specific programs and builds relationships with stakeholder partners and may also provide support and coordination for programs, resources, and services in the Northeastern University ecosystem that address the intersection of career and identity to support the professional development and career trajectory of marginalized learner populations (including students of color, first generation and low income, LGBTQA+, International, students with disabilities and other underrepresented intersections of identity) across all Northeastern campuses
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Counsels and coaches students and alumni on career exploration, career decision-making, and job search management (in person and virtual).
- Provides tailored individual counseling about career exploration and development (including use of self-assessment tools), the selection of major and academic programs, and the specifics of job acquisition (resumes, cover letters, interviews, recruiting and general job search strategies).
- Researches and recommends new career resources.
- Actively promotes services via email and social media to students and to related student service departments to increase service utilization.
Experiential Program Administration
- Plans and delivers comprehensive experiential learning opportunities including programs, workshops and panel discussions, and networking events.
- Communicates with students and faculty via portal and email to promote career services programs.
- Reports on student progress to faculty, staff, and administrators as needed.
- Collaborates to build and grow partnerships to coordinate and expand service delivery with emphasis on aligning services to meet needs specific student populations.
Service and Professional Development
- Serves on department, division, and/or university committees.
- Assists with department-wide activities and events.
- Develops and produces departmental print/web outreach communication materials as needed.
- Actively participates in professional development and training activities.
- Maintains broad current knowledge of career and economic trends and their impact on career paths and shares that information.
- Actively participates in or coordinates team activities.
- Intermediate knowledge of career development theories and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated skill in presenting / teaching.
- Experience working with and affirming diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Master's degree in career development, higher education or a demonstrably relevant field and a minimum of one year of career advising and relevant industry experience.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
Academic Advisor Khoury College Of Computer Sciences, Northeastern University, United States, 21 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Nov-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Advising/Counseling Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4800532 Academic Advisor- Khoury Colleg...
Graduate Financial Aid Counselor, Northeastern University, United States, 10 days ago
Details Posted: 28-Nov-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Financial Aid Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4817695 Graduate Financial Aid Counselor Abou...
Part Time Lecturer (Civil And Environmental Engineering), Northeastern University, United States, 1 day ago
Details Posted: 07-Dec-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Part-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Engineering Internal Number: 4845548 Part-Time Lecturer (Civil and Environmental...
Sr. Systems Software Developer, Northeastern University, United States, 10 days ago
Details Posted: 28-Nov-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4817152 Sr. Systems Software Develop...
Assistant, Associate, Or Full Professor Of Ethics And Values In Design, Northeastern University, United States, 1 day ago
Details Posted: 07-Dec-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Physical Sciences Internal Number: 4845776 Assistant, Associate, or Full Profess...
Graduate Admissions Administrator, Northeastern University, United States, 3 days ago
Details Posted: 05-Dec-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Admissions Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4835993 Graduate Admissions Administrator About ...