|Position Title||Campus Police Officer III S2 8 am x 4 pm|
|Staff Job Type||Full-time|
|If Temporary or Visiting, Estimated End Date:|
|Position Summary and Duties||
The Campus Police Office III position is an experienced law enforcement officer position. Campus police officers are responsible for providing highly visible patrols on and around the University campus, responding to calls for services, and identifying problem areas and situations. Campus police officers report to the Shift Supervisor on their respective shifts.
1. Patrol campus and the surrounding areas, respond to calls for service, back-up officers, identify and report hazards and suspicious activities. Patrol the campus being highly visible and alert for safety and security hazards, suspicious activities, and intruders. Respond to alarms. Respond to all calls for campus police services. Render services as per the departmental procedure. Secure buildings, offices, classrooms, and other areas per procedures.
2. Investigate reported incidents thoroughly and completely with the detailed information provided in a written report. Utilize resources that are sought to facilitate a logical solution/conclusion to the problem. Write complete, accurate, and comprehensible details about incidents and events as required by the departmental procedure.
3. Provide assistance to the sick and injured as per the procedures identified by the National Safety Council. Identify situations requiring medical assistance. Rendering aid as CPR and First Aid certification. Utilize AED’s and other issued equipment as per procedures. Provide escorts for sick or injured students, faculty and staff. Provide instructions to the Loyola community during emergencies, routine events and upon request.
4. Assist in controlling traffic, parking enforcement, and vehicle assists; contain and control crowds, provide a safe environment during large events. Control traffic as directed. Enforce all parking rules and regulations. Assist motorist with vehicle problems. Contain and control crowds in order to preserve peace and maintain a safe environment.
5. When needed, make arrests and/or transport arrestees to central booking. Appear in court to present evidence and/or testify as required.
- This is an experienced campus police officer position.
*Note: All Department of Public Safety personnel are fingerprinted for criminal history checks with local and State Police. The contents of any criminal record will be used to determine the applicant’s suitability for employment as a Police Officer.
- Completion of Certified Police Academy
|Job Posting Date||02/03/2021|
|Priority Application Deadline Date|
|Job Close Date|
|Anticipated Start Date|
Loyola University Maryland is a Jesuit, Catholic university committed to the educational and spiritual traditions of the Society of Jesus and to the ideals of liberal education and the development of the whole person. Accordingly, Loyola inspires students to learn, lead, and serve in a diverse and changing world. Loyola’s beautiful, historic Evergreen campus is located in Baltimore, and its graduate centers are in Timonium and Columbia. Loyola enrolls 4,000 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students across the Sellinger School of Business and Management, the School of Education, and Loyola College of Arts and Sciences. Founded in 1852, Loyola is one of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and the first to bear the name of Saint Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus.
Loyola University Maryland strongly values the benefits that diversity brings to the workplace. In accord with its Ignatian values, the University is committed to creating and promoting a community that recognizes the inherent value and dignity of each person. Loyola University Maryland does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, or any other legally protected classification. The University recruits, hires, and promotes in accord with this policy and its Core Values.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Successful candidates for any staff, faculty, or administrative position at Loyola University Maryland will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
|Quicklink for Posting||https://careers.loyola.edu/postings/5219|
Security Officer (Part Time), City Colleges of Chicago, United States, about 7 hours ago
SECURITY OFFICER (PART-TIME) TRUMAN COLLEGE Truman College is seeking Security Officers to provide safety, security, and excellent customer service to our students, faculty, staff and visitors. Th...
Community Service Officer, Charter School, The University of Chicago, United States, 23 days ago
Department DSS Campus Safety - Charter School About the Department The Campus Safety Division includes Security and Law Enforcement Systems, Accountability, Clery compliance, oversight of the Alli...
Laboratory Safety Specialist, The University of Chicago, United States, 2 days ago
Department PME Administration About the Department The Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME) was established in May 2019 and evolved from the Institute for Molecular Engineering, which wa...
Academic Physician Infectious Diseases/Infection Control #Med202 , The University of Chicago, United States, about 2 hours ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Academic Physician - Infectious Diseases/Infection Control #MED202 Department of Medicine, Biological Sciences Division Position Type: Faculty Chicago, IL...
Research Specialist 1, The University of Chicago, United States, 13 days ago
Department Facilities Energy Services About the Department Facilities Services supports the mission of the University of Chicago through efforts to maintain and enhance the University campus and e...
Desk Clerk I (32 Hours), The University of Chicago, United States, about 1 month ago
Department CSL Housing and Residence Life Operations 4 About the Department The mission of Housing & Residence Life is to help develop and support inclusive communities that engage residents i...