Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Provides professional guidance and oversight of the planning and concept design process for the physical features of the university campus.
- Leads the effort to develop feasibility and programming studies and site selections with appropriate collaboration for capital projects. Develops space program, concept layouts and other planning materials for smaller in-house projects.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages, while working with campus clients, the overall administration of project programming, proposed project solutions, design of capital projects, and preparing final project design and architectural decisions for approval.
- Prepares and administers capital project budgets and works to ensure that project designs adhere to university aesthetic and quality standards.
- Works with in-house and consultant engineers to ensure function and sustainable practices are incorporated.
- Participates in the selection of project consultants and contractors, evaluates their design and pricing estimates, prepares related contracts, establishes project goals, and works with the campus community in the planning of the physical growth of all Emory campuses.
- Shepherds capital projects through the capital development process for Board of Trustees approval, drawing upon appropriate campus resources as needed.
- Coordinates design and construction efforts among user groups, Campus Services Facilities Management and other affected university departments. Coordinates the review of project documents with appropriate campus staff user groups and project teams.
- Provides project focused planning assistance for university offices working with institutional neighbors, university and metropolitan area transportation agencies, City of Atlanta and DeKalb County planning authorities and agencies.
- Collaborates with appropriate Emory entities to plan utility infrastructures, maintain design and construction standards, implement exterior campus lighting and security designs, study wayfinding and accessibility needs and donor projects. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Must be a registered architect. A professional degree in architecture, campus planning or a related field and seven years of experience managing multiple and diverse capital projects, including master planning, facilities design or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- University experience preferred. Proficient in Revit, MS Project, and MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Works as a team player.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Capital Contracts Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 16 days ago
02-Sep-2023 Campus Services 63572BR Job Summary Harvard University: Harvard University is one of the world’s preeminent research universities. Founded in 1636, Harvard is the oldest university in...
Assistant Project Manager, Harvard University, United States, 24 days ago
26-Aug-2023 American Repertory Theater 63302BR Job Summary The Assistant Project Manager (APM) will report to the Director of Capital Projects and is responsible for supporting the project managem...
Cost Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, about 5 hours ago
This is a re-post. Applicants who applied previously need not re-apply. This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with th...
Project Manager, AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU), United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Classification: ANU Senior Manager 1 (specialist) Salary package: $122,133 - $127,967 per annum plus 17% superannuation Term: Full Time, Continuing Generous leave entitlements, including parental ...
Assistant Director, Infrastructure Projects And Safety (Fed), Carleton University, Canada, 9 days ago
Job Number: J0823-0355 Job Title: Assistant Director, Infrastructure Projects and Safety (FED) Job Type: Continuing Full Time Department: Office of the Dean of Engineering and Design Job Category:...
Utilities Services Manager, Electrical, University of Alberta, Canada, about 4 hours ago
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit. In accordance with the Handbook of Employment for Management and Professional Staff (Excluded) , this full-time continuing position offers a com...