As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position is a 8 week internship. Applicants should expect to work a regular schedule Monday through Friday for the 3 month internship.
The internship is designed to give a student exposure to essential business operations functions within a healthcare organization. This learning opportunity is intended to refine the individual’s analytical, consultative, decision-making, interpersonal and managerial skills through project work while providing broad exposure to organizational initiatives within the hospital. This is a 3 month paid internship experience. This position is not responsible for providing care to patients.
- Participates and leads ongoing planning and execution of internship projects.
- Obtains, analyzes, synthesizes and interprets industry and institutional data.
- Performs independent analysis of industry models to synthesize and recommend best practice.
- May prepare and deliver presentations.
- Presents, communicates and disseminates findings.
- Maintains a current knowledge of emerging healthcare challenges facing hospitals and healthcare systems nationally.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to be highly innovative and independent in daily decision making
- Current enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in business, leadership, or a related field, or equivalency.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position in an office setting that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Listening, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking