Business Ops Specialist Sr
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations, this position will assist with
purchasing, travel, expense processing, accounting, Pcard allocation, general human resources functions
& basic budgeting. Planning and collaboration on processes and operations are expected. Other
functions designated by the ADO or the Director of the School may be assigned.
School of Geog Sci & Urban Pln
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$50,000 - $62,000 per year; DOE
02-January-2024 - EXTENDED
- Monitor all dept. Pcard expenditures, reallocate appropriately and ensure required backup is submitted. Assists in determining restricted purchases and informs Pcard Mgr. of irregularities to implement any corrective action. Performs P-card reconciliations & assists with audits.
- Process transactions such as journal vouchers, expense transfers, redistributions, internal billings and maintains all associated files and documentation as required by ASU/ABOR policies.
- Purchase of supplies, services, and equipment with use of P-Card and other purchasing documents in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
- Manages the processing of travel requests & claims in Concur by assisting faculty, staff and
- students with travel related actions, including preparation of supporting documentation, tracking availability of individual’s SGSUP funding, travel grants, account approvals, etc.
- Interacts and maintains professional relationships with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating school objectives.
- Supervise business office student workers in absence of direct report.
- Coordinates and processes hiring of personnel & students via Kenexa, waiver or transfer.
- Processes PTR’s, utilizes Brassring, and submits documents to the Dean’s office for approval (when applicable).
- Serves as a backup for front office operations.
- Assist with data and other information related requests for special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience; OR, Nine (9) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with ASU purchasing policies and procedure, in particular Workday, the new Financial Management System.
- Experience coordinating travel requests and expense claims processes utilizing Concur travel processing system, including complex domestic and international travel and fieldwork.
- Experience with Kenexa-Brassring, Dashboards, PeopleSoft programs and HR processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic principles, practices and methods of accounting, budgeting, and inventory management.
- Experience in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and producing related reports, including analysis and evaluation of budgets, planning and other management information systems.
- Experience working in higher-volume, fast-paced Higher Education setting.
- Experience with purchasing cards; processing and monitoring expenditures and audit procedures.
- Experience using the Workday financial system.
- Experience in coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and student workers.
- Evidence of effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic project management.
- Use office equipment including a personal computer.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Communicate orally and in writing to perform essential functions.
- Able to interpret instructions/directions.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Anticipated work hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm on the Tempe Campus. Hybrid or Remote work will be considered upon completion of the training period. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
The School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning (SGSUP) is a major participant in the
instructional and research activities of Arizona State University. A staff team of nine support 33
tenure/tenure-track faculty including 4 members of the National Academy of Sciences, approximately
800 undergraduate majors and 200 graduate students studying in one of five graduate degree programs
(MA and PhD programs in Geography, a PhD in Urban Planning, a Masters in Urban and Environmental
Planning and a Master of Advanced Studies in Geographical Information Systems) as well as graduate
certificate programs in GIS and transportation. More complete school and program information can be
found at http://geoplan.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Part Time Administrative Assistant 4, College Of Liberal Arts [R0140447], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 14 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Part-time Administrative Assistant 4, College of Liberal Arts [R0140447] ROLE of the POSITION The department of Psychology invites appl...
Salesforce System Administrator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 11 hours ago
A Salesforce System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the Salesforce platform within an organization. They ensure that Salesforce is effect...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 15 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...
Faculty Organizational Management (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 14 days ago
At UAGC, full-time Faculty are discipline experts who provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or discipline to facilitate and support student success ...
Learning & Development Coordinator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 11 hours ago
The Learning & Development Coordinator for the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is a full-time , remote employment position reporting to the Learning & Development Training Manager ....
Drupal Developer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 21 days ago
The Drupal Developer is a full-time employment opportunity and reports to the Director of Digital Experience. The Drupal Developer will oversee front-end and back-end module development. This role...