Business Operations Specialist
Under the direction of the Business Operations Manager or Director of Fiscal Operations, the Business Operations Specialist performs a broad scope of fiscal and human resources duties and provides guidance to staff in support of ASU policies and procedures for the core business team and supports Health, Counseling, and Wellness Services. This position assists with the basic payment processing, organizing, coordinating and oversight of the business operations functions in accordance with established University goals, priorities, timelines, funding limitations and/or other specifications. This position is intended to cover a broad range of fiscal responsibilities to support these program areas under Educational Outreach and Student Services.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a high attention to detail, possess exceptional organizational and customer service skills, and have the ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 - $51,000 per year; DOE
- Work independently and exercise professional judgement to serve as a knowledgeable and helpful resource
- Keep up to date on ASU and department policies and procedures to ensure accurate output and processing
- Assist students and staff with their trip requests and expense reports
- Monitor operating expenses against budgets
- Responsible for payroll reconciliations for Health and Counseling
- Monitor a variety of account expenditures, maintain and reconcile detailed budgets for various accounts
- Assist with audit requests and gathering documentation
- Process departmental supply orders and provides general office assistance, such as scanning and filing
- Assist with special projects, requiring problem solving, research and recommendation of next steps
- Initiate and/or approves financial transactions in University accounting systems ASU‘s Financial
- Management Systems in accordance with best practices
- Provides solutions to problems presented by customers, colleagues and student, recommends changes to methods or procedures to management, utilizing knowledge of University policy and procedure to ensure accurate financial processing
- Advises and counsels on accounting and procurement matters to department and/or University staff, provides program specific training to campus users as needed, such as financial literacy (cash handling, expense and purchasing guidelines) to new staff, and best practices for student expenditures
- Maintaining a departmental p-card(s), including daily management, document retention and monthly reconciliations
- Providing oversight and ensuring accuracy of the purchasing process within departmental units
- Assists with document retention and audit requests by gathering documentation and financial records
- Prepares standard accounting reports and reconciliations, such as detailed cost and financial analysis, forecasts and projections to aid leadership in making informed decisions/recommendations.
- Assists in maintaining department physical key control system. Processes key requests and maintains accurate inventory
- Provide supervision to Accounts Payable, Inventory/Storeroom, and student staff as needed
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office and administrative practices
- Experience using a financial system, and reporting system in a higher education environment (Workday, PeopleSoft and Kenexa preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU Travel policies and procedures, specifically with Concur
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Experience working with detailed financial and human resources reconciliations
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat PDF
- Experience in customer service
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Demonstrated experience handling cash, managing a departmental purchasing card and assisting in the operation of a fiscally sound environment
- Ability to interpret, educate about and enforce University, divisional and department policy
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU travel policies and procedures and Concur travel system experience
- Experience in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform detailed work in an open and shared work space.
- Ability to supervise student employees.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier. This position receives regular review of objectives.
The mission of the ASU Health Services is to provide high-quality health care that is accessible, affordable and compassionate in order to ensure the well-being and educational success of students at Arizona State University. Through our internal and external academic partners, the ASU Health Services faculty and staff are an integral part of the New American University. ASU Health Services is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. ASU Health Services is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. ASU Health Services facilities are beautiful, modern, efficient, and utilize an electronic health record (Point & Click). ASU Health Services works with our other wellness departments to create a healthy campus model and our physicians and nurse practitioners play a key role working with student leaders.
We are a coordinated group, practicing medicine with staff board certified physicians (with specialties in family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, sports medicine, rheumatology, and adolescent medicine) and board-certified nurse practitioners. To learn more about Health Services, please visit our website at http://students.asu.edu/health .
Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes:
- Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.
- Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available on day one.
- Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Paid time for volunteer and professional development.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.
For more benefits information, please visit:http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Global Professor Of Practice, Law (Vietnam), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Vietnam | req14667 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Posting Number req14667 De...
Administrative Assistant Ii, The University of Arizona, United States, 21 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Assistant II St. Johns, AZ, United States | req14963 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Administrative Assistant II Posting Number req14963 Department Ap...
Systems Administrator Iv (Remote), The University of Arizona, United States, 8 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Systems Administrator IV (Remote) United States | req14624 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Systems Administrator IV (Remote) Posting Number req14624 Department Infra...
Admissions Counselor, Bellevue University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Primary Function: This position recruits and enrolls students into Bellevue University’s courses and programs by using effective enrollment management consultative sales techniques and excellent ...
Academic Advisor Guild, Bellevue University, United States, 7 days ago
Primary Function: This position enrolls and advises students into Bellevue University’s courses leading to graduation by using effective consultative techniques and excellent customer service ski...
Business Analyst (Operations), University of Mississippi, United States, 1 day ago
Fiscal Management • Monitors periodic financial statements, cash flows, reserves and performance metrics compared to business plans to ensure responsible utilization of fiscal resources and eff...