Business Operations Specialist
Join our dynamic team at Arizona State University that supports the vision of the Mastercard Foundation to enable young people in Africa to access dignified and fulfilling work! The Mastercard Foundation provides comprehensive scholarships and holistic support to young people from across the African continent who are committed to giving back to their communities. The Business Operations Specialist will provide professional level support to the Mastercard Foundation grant programs including the Strengthen Institutional Linkages and the Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship programs, assisting program coordinating, event planning, and coordinating the business operations functions in accordance with established goals, priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. The Business Operations Specialist will be supervised by the Assistant Director to ensure overall program success.
Grant Funded Position
This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 - $48,000 per year; DOE
- Monitors a variety of account expenditures, maintains and reconciles detailed budgets for various accounts, advises and/or determines which expenditures are within the budget guidelines; informs management of irregularities and proceeds with corrective action.
- Processes travel reimbursements, purchase of supplies, services, and equipment with use of pcard and other purchasing documents in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
- Organizes and/or prepares departmental administrative and financial reports; analyzes, summarizes and interprets information; recommends action to be taken.
- Responds to audit requests and gathers documentation for payroll, pcards, and financial records. Also performs payroll and pcard reconciliations.
- Develops and facilitates events, workshops, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications; development of brochures or other unique projects.
- Prioritizes and arranges meetings, conferences and appointments for unit administrator; makes necessary travel reservations and itineraries; determines and prepares background materials needed.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program coordination
- Experience in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of management principles and practices
- Experience working with individuals or organizations in a global context
- Experience in planning, organization and coordination of activities
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in the use of personal computer and related software applications
- Experience in working independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU purchasing and accounting policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices and principles
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, ERA and Workday
- Experience in customer service standards, methods and practices
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25). Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions. Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier. This position receives regular review of objectives.
ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College creates knowledge, mobilizes people, and takes action to improve education. Nationally recognized as a leader in teacher preparation, leadership development and scholarly research, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College prepares over 7,600 educators annually. MLFTC faculty create knowledge by drawing from a wide range of academic disciplines to gain insight into important questions about the process of learning, the practice of teaching and the effects of education policy. MLFTC mobilizes people through bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, through non-degree professional development programs and through socially embedded, multilateral community engagement. MLFTC takes action by bringing people and ideas together to increase the capabilities of individual educators and the performance of education systems.
Aligned with ASU’s commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, MLFTC is committed to advancing systemic equity in our curricula, programming and institutional relationships. The college’s core value of Principled Innovation connects individual decision making to the pursuit of systemic equity.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions), The University of Arizona, United States, 7 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) United States | req13741 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) ...
Environmental Health And Safety (Ehs) Inspector, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 20 days ago
Reports to: Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor Purpose: The job holder will provide all range of environmental health and safety services to the American University in Cairo (AUC) throug...
Aide Security Officer, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 6 days ago
Department: Security - UH FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Provide Security Officer assistance as required. Works in conjunction with Security Officers to support operations b...
Security Officer, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 6 days ago
Sign On Bonus available for external hires! Department: Security - UPC FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Provide personal protection, safety and security for patients, employee...
Manager, Campus & Community Security, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 16 hours ago
Job Purpose: The Manager of Campus and Community Security is responsible for providing protection, maintaining, and improving security and safety on KAUST properties (including the KAUST campus, c...
Admissions & Matriculation Coordinator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 7 days ago
The Admission & Matriculation Coordinator for the University of Arizona Global Campus (Global Campus) is a full-time employment position reporting to the Admission & Matriculation Manager . T...