Business Operations Specialist
Join our dynamic team in the School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering. We are seeking a highly motivated, outgoing, and innovated Business Operations Specialist to perform professional human resources services and business operations functions in a high-paced and complex department that supports a diverse group of faculty and staff. You would be performing various administrative services which require initiative, independent judgment and working independently under general direction.
The ideal candidate will maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and vendors; handle confidential and sensitive information; simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks in a team environment; communicate, participate and encourage support of the School’s programs; and work collaboratively and effectively with faculty and staff in an environment subject to rapidly changing priorities.
What’s in it for you:
Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes: (Click here to explore options )
- Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.
- Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available on day one.
- Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Paid time for volunteer and professional development.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.
- Flexible work arrangements are available in an alternative or hybrid schedule but will be based on the work and the needs of the university and department operations and pending leadership approval.
Sch Elect Comptr & Energy Engr
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$44,000 - $57,930 per year; DOE
- Graduate student hiring process; enter payroll transactions in PeopleSoft for new and existing teaching/research assistants/associates, which include creating offer letters, position management, submitting personnel transaction requests, entering tuition waivers and scholarships, in accordance with established ASU payroll policy and procedure.
- Processes student hourly hires via the Kenexa/BrassRing system, create position recruitment, prepare and post online hourly jobs, prepare offer letters, approve timesheets, onboarding, maintain payroll files in accordance with ASU policy.
- Processes financial documents such as travel authorizations and travel expense reports; business related reimbursements, purchases, and payments, using the University’s various financial systems (Concur, Workday, SunRISE) and the Purchasing Card.
- Performs PCard monthly reconciliations, verification in Workday, and maintaining financial records and establishes internal controls.
- Performs payroll reconciliations and maintaining files containing supporting documentation. Investigating and resolving payroll issues, including processing Payroll Redistributions.
- Interacts and maintains liaison with students, faculty, staff, other university departments, and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
- Interprets and implements administrative guidelines, procedures, policies and practices.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, ASU financial and payroll systems (Concur/Travel, WorkDay Procurement, PeopleSoft, Kenexa/BrassRing, and Microsoft Applications.
- Experience using ASU financial reporting systems (Workday, PeopleSoft) to prepare detailed financial and human relations/payroll reconciliations, expense tracking reports, and other various financial or HR reports for a variety of constituencies.
- Experience in utilizing ASU provided procurement processes within Workday, as well as using an ASU Purchase Card for purchases made outside of Workday.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU Travel Authorizations and Reimbursements.
- Experience providing HR, financial, and operational support in higher education within a large academic unit.
- Experience in payroll, processing new employee hires, recruitment, managing payroll, and human resource hiring principles.
- Experience with purchasing goods and services, travel requests and reimbursements, and operational support.
- Experience working effectively in an environment subject to tight deadlines and quickly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU policies and procedures regarding financial and purchasing policies and processes, while understanding their impacts.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier. This position receives regular review of objectives.
The School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering (ECEE) brings together university faculty, students, government, and industry to develop collaborative relationships to provide solutions. Our degree programs in Electrical Engineering and related areas are widely recognized and offer opportunities for students to participate in research. Our research efforts are aligned with national and international efforts to address worldwide challenges in multiple technology areas.
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale.
We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements.
At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
- Cultivate excellence.
- Deliver innovation that matters.
- Encourage bold thinking.
- Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
- Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Systems Administrator Iv (Remote), The University of Arizona, United States, 8 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Systems Administrator IV (Remote) United States | req14624 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Systems Administrator IV (Remote) Posting Number req14624 Department Infra...
Administrative Assistant Ii, The University of Arizona, United States, 21 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Assistant II St. Johns, AZ, United States | req14963 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Administrative Assistant II Posting Number req14963 Department Ap...
Global Professor Of Practice, Law (Vietnam), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Vietnam | req14667 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Posting Number req14667 De...
Custodial Supervisor, Harvard University, United States, 15 days ago
12-May-2023 Campus Services 62516BR Job Summary Energy & Facilities (E&F) operates and manages Harvard’s energy supplies, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures on the Cambridge/Allst...
Accounting And Business Operations Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 20 days ago
10-May-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 62332BR Job Summary Reporting to the Senior Financial Officer the Accounting, the Business Operations (“ABO”) Specialist has a dotted-line reporting to the...
Tenured Professor Of Energy Systems, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, 24 days ago
8 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Tallinn University of Technology Department Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics Research Field Engineering » Electrical engi...