Business Operations Specialist
The School of International Letters and Cultures is currently seeking a highly motivated and organized Business Operations Specialist to provide support of daily business and financial operations under the supervision of the Asst. Director of Operations.
Performs a wide range of detailed, complex financial transactions pertaining to state, local, and foundation accounts. Executes day-to day operations utilizing generally accepted accounting principles, policies and objectives. Provides support regarding accounts payable, facilities, travel, reports, scheduling, answering phones, and other clerical tasks as needed. Additionally, the applicant will also provide limited support to the Graduate Program Student Support Services Coordinator on graduate student matters.
Candidate must have communication skills, and the ability to adapt to changes and prioritize appropriately. Possesses working knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of business and finance. Skill in the operation of computers, peripherals, software applications, and advanced calculators.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$45,000 - $52,000 per year; DOE
- Responsible for accounts payable, performs routine accounting and other financial functions relating to state, local and foundation accounts.
- Serves as point of contact for facilities management matters.
- As backup to the purchasing officer, assists with obtaining proper documentation for the processing and monitoring of purchases and reimbursements using the appropriate methods in ASU Workday.
- Serves as the main point of contact for travel needs utilizing the ASU Concur Travel System.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, computers, and other equipment/furnishings.
- Assists in grant administration.
- Serves as backup support for the Grad. Prg Student Svc Supp Cdr on graduate student matters.
- Performs account reconciliations and monthly expenditure analyses via spreadsheet reports.
- Creates routine and special reports using on-line tools such as Workday, Dashboards, and Concur, spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint and other applications, as needed.
- Assists with conference/event planning.
- Processes Cash/Check deposits at ASU Cashiering and Foundation.
- Responds to faculty, student, staff, and vendor inquiries via e-mail and phone.
- Performs random post audits on expenses reports processed through online travel system.
- Performs data entry.
- On occasion, provides support for events and may be asked to attend after hours regular business hours.
- Provides back-up front desk support.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounts payable, accounting, and budgeting principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge with ASU financial systems (e.g., Workday, Concur, PeopleSoft).
- Experience in facilities management.
- Experience using software applications (i.e., Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience in analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience preparing electronic reports, utilizing charts, tables, formulas, etc.
- Experience working with faculty, students, and other employees in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports, including analysis. and evaluation of budgets, planning and other management information systems.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier. This position receives regular review of objectives.
The School of International Letters and Cultures is one of 19 academic units within The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences where students receive rich educational experiences that prepare them for life and citizenship in the modern world. In addition to courses taught by world-class faculty in both ancient and modern languages and cultures, students are exposed to various world languages and cultures through study abroad programs, full-year or semester-long language and cultural immersion programs, on-campus international guest speakers, international student organizations, intensive language study, and mentorship by internationally recognized faculty. With a teaching and research staff of approximately 200 faculty, lecturers, instructors, faculty associates, and graduate teaching assistants, SILC offers 28 undergraduate degrees, 12 graduate degrees, 15 summer study abroad programs and has approximately 600 majors and 70 graduate students.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the largest college at ASU and is organized in a divisional structure comprised of Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences. In addition to top academic programs, award-winning faculty, and state-of-the-art lab and research facilities, The College offers unique opportunities to explore a vast spectrum of academic disciplines - from science and math to languages and philosophy - that few other colleges and universities can provide. With 13 schools, six departments, three programs, 89 majors, 136 graduate degrees, and over 40 world-class research centers and one-of-a-kind institutes, The College is redefining liberal arts and sciences education for the 21st century.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions), The University of Arizona, United States, 7 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) United States | req13741 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) ...
Environmental Health And Safety (Ehs) Inspector, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 20 days ago
Reports to: Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor Purpose: The job holder will provide all range of environmental health and safety services to the American University in Cairo (AUC) throug...
Manager, Campus & Community Security, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 15 hours ago
Job Purpose: The Manager of Campus and Community Security is responsible for providing protection, maintaining, and improving security and safety on KAUST properties (including the KAUST campus, c...
Aide Security Officer, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 6 days ago
Department: Security - UH FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Provide Security Officer assistance as required. Works in conjunction with Security Officers to support operations b...
Security Officer, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 6 days ago
Sign On Bonus available for external hires! Department: Security - UPC FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Provide personal protection, safety and security for patients, employee...
Client Services Assistant, George Mason University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Department Mason Enterprise Center Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check No ...