Business Operations Specialist
This job posting is only open to current Arizona Board of Regents employees (Arizona State University, University of Arizona, or Northern Arizona University).
The Polytechnic School (TPS) in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is seeking to fill the position of Business Operations Specialist. Under general supervision; this position will perform work of considerable responsibility in administering business operations functions in a complex academic unit with instructional and research emphasis. This position will be primarily responsible for faculty/student purchases, lab orders, reimbursements and travel processing for TPS. The successful candidate must be skilled in maintaining effective working relationships among a diverse population including faculty, staff and students, be able to provide excellent customer service, skilled in handling purchasing and travel matters, have the ability to manage multiple project simultaneously and work with short deadlines as well as work effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities and, at times, a heavy workload.
Days and Schedule:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Polytechnic Sch Bus/Rsch
Scope of Search
Arizona Board of Regents
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 - $57,930 per year; DOE
- Manage a centralized School email for incoming purchase and reimbursement requests.
- Review supporting documentation for compliance with TPS and ASU policies.
- Process purchase of supplies, services, and equipment with use of Pcard and prepare WorkDay documents (requisitions and expense reports) in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
- Process simple and complex payment reimbursements.
- Oversee order deliveries.
- Oversee SunRISE order entries and resolves issues.
- Process reimbursements – review documentation for completeness and seek account approval.
- Responsible for order inquiries – involves problem solving and follow-up.
- Process Pcard purchases – review documentation for completeness and seek account approval, place orders, track orders, resolve issues, and input Pcard receipts in WorkDay.
- Monitor the business office’s front desk
- Distribute packages to faculty and students.
- File management – electronic financial files.
- Ensure documents are saved correctly with regards to e-filing naming protocols.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of exemplary customer service through actively listening and responding to every inquiry; take ownership and resolving each concern or problem as appropriate; exhibiting professionalism and expertise in every interaction and engaging in professional development to meet expectations for service excellence.
- Experience in using WorkDay and SunRISE.
- Experience in using Concur travel system.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with faculty, staff and students.
- Experience in planning and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial administration principles and practices.
- Experience exercising judgment, making decisions, setting priorities, interpreting policies and procedures, working independently and communicating effectively.
- Experience in developing and maintaining cooperative working relationships both within and across organization.
- Experience in working effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment subject to quickly changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office, applications (Excel, Work, Powerpoint and Outlook), and AdobeSign.
- Evidence of sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to, calculator, computer workstation or laptop (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax, and copier.
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty, and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
- Cultivate excellence.
- Deliver innovation that matters.
- Encourage bold thinking.
- Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
- Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visithttps://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Faculty Organizational Management (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 12 days ago
At UAGC, full-time Faculty are discipline experts who provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or discipline to facilitate and support student success ...
Salesforce System Administrator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 7 hours ago
A Salesforce System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the Salesforce platform within an organization. They ensure that Salesforce is effect...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 13 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...
Drupal Developer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 20 days ago
The Drupal Developer is a full-time employment opportunity and reports to the Director of Digital Experience. The Drupal Developer will oversee front-end and back-end module development. This role...
Junior Drupal Developer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 20 days ago
The Junior Drupal Developer is a full-time employment opportunity and reports to the Drupal Developer. The Junior Drupal Developer will oversee front-end and back-end module development. This role...
Learning & Development Coordinator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 7 hours ago
The Learning & Development Coordinator for the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is a full-time , remote employment position reporting to the Learning & Development Training Manager ....