Business Operations Manager
The office of Global Outreach and Extended Education (GOEE) in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is seeking a highly motivated, outgoing, and dynamic Business Operations Manager.
This position is an integral part of our team who will oversee the responsibilities for the HR, financial, and business operations for GOEE. This includes, but are not limited to, budgeting, accounting, staffing, strategic planning, forecasting, data analysis, reporting, sponsored projects support, developing internal procedures, and other functions ensuring adherence with established policies, regulations, requirements and standards of the University and sponsoring sources.
GOEE conducts a number of international projects and initiatives. This position provides support and guidance on financial, procurement and HR policies and procedures for international program teams. The candidate will be expected to provide business related support for these initiatives, including but not limited to development and processing of consulting agreements, budgeting support, interface with ASU systems and business services, training for local teams as necessary to support project and university business functions. This may require the candidate to attend meetings outside of regular business hours.
The incumbent will work closely with GOEE’s Business Operations Specialist to be responsible for performing a variety of administrative and financial functions in a complex academic unit with significant research and global emphasis. The successful applicant will be a self-starter and is able to work independently and with the leadership team to problem solve and handle non-routine situations, interpret guidelines and policies, establish and document processes, coordinate work of others, supervision of staff and student, and someone who can exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
Global Outreach & Extended Ed
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$62,500 - $86,400 per year; DOE
- Works closely with GOEE leadership and project directors to provide oversight and ownership of the financial operations processes critical to the success of the unit
- Responsible for all aspects of the department budgets, including preparation, forecasting, and analysis for multiple projects, including online degree, professional programs, and sponsored projects
- Develops business models for viable and sustainable programs
- Understands international procurement, vendor and compliance issues and policies to achieve prompt processing of contracts. Advises international team operations on technical matters based on sponsor and ASU policies and requirements
Human Resources (HR)
- Coordinates personnel matters such as payroll actions, classification, recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selecting new staff, salary allocations, or other applicable issues
- Supervises, hires, trains and develops assigned staff and student employees
- Leads onboarding process improvement in alignment with current policies, and best practice development
- Prepares or participates in the preparation of financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets statistical, financial and management planning data for decision-making and strategic planning
- Develops modeling and forecasting processes for financial, HR and operational activities for GOEE’s portfolio of programs including online degree programs, professional programs and global projects
- Administers personal services budget, expenditures and revenues; reviews and authorizes purchase of supplies, services, and equipment
- Participates in development of long-range strategic plan for work unit and coordinates communication of objectives to achieve goals
- Keeps informed of, interprets, recommends, and applies pertinent rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by university or other governing agency; informs staff as changes occur and as needed to achieve successful unit outcomes
Bachelor's degree in a related field and six (6) years of directly related administrative experience which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Ten (10) years of directly related administrative experience which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management, accounting, and budgeting principles and practices
- Experience in performing detailed and complex data analysis and reports to support data-driven decision making process.
- Experience with computer applications (i.e. Excel, QuickBooks, Workday, etc…) in budget creation/forecasting/analysis, word processing, communication, collaboration and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business models and forecasting models in higher education
- Experience with budgeting, purchasing, travel, HR and personnel processes in support of grants and sponsored projects
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Evidence of directly serving customers, clients and/or stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory practices and principles
- Experience working with global entities on projects/grants
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions. This position receives regular review of objectives.
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Office of Global Outreach and Extended Education (GOEE) leads a dynamic portfolio of global workforce development programs offerings including degrees, professional courses and certification programs working closely with academic units and a global portfolio of industry and government partners.
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
- Cultivate excellence
- Deliver innovation that matters
- Encourage bold thinking
- Foster a community of learning and collaboration
- Build a foundation for all to be successful
In addition, GOEE administers a large portfolio international capacity building projects with the US Agency for International Development, US State Department, and other government and industry partners to improve STEM education and workforce readiness in a number of countries including Vietnam, Indonesia, Costa Rica, Mexico and other regions. GOEE programs offer global professionals access to Fulton Engineering's nationally renowned faculty through high-impact learning and development experiences delivered via innovative digital immersion education formats.
If you wish to work in an environment where you will be valued for the skills you bring to projects and be challenged to stretch your current capabilities and imagination, then consider becoming part of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. To learn more about our team, visit http://asuengineeringonline.com/
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Tenured Professor Of Energy Systems, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, 24 days ago
8 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Tallinn University of Technology Department Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics Research Field Engineering » Electrical engi...
Lead Data Scientist, Digital Transformation, Harvard University, United States, 3 days ago
26-May-2023 Harvard Business School 62678BR Position Description Job purpose Be a pioneer in business, education, and global impact by joining the Harvard Business School Digital Transformation te...
Global Professor Of Practice, Law (Vietnam), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Vietnam | req14667 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Posting Number req14667 De...
Sr. Data Scientist, Digital Transformation, Harvard University, United States, 8 days ago
23-May-2023 Harvard Business School 62632BR Position Description Be a pioneer in business, education, and global impact by joining the Harvard Business School Digital Transformation team - a “star...
Project Manager Ii (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 23 days ago
Project Manager II: The IT Project Manager II is required to lead multiple projects through all lifecycle phases in support of IT. They are responsible to deliver projects on time and within budge...
Digital Product Manager, Digital Transformation, Harvard University, United States, 9 days ago
22-May-2023 Harvard Business School 62636BR Position Description Job purpose Be a pioneer in business, education, and global impact by joining the Harvard Business School Digital Transformation te...