Business Operations Manager
As part of a team of fiscal and HR staff, the Business Operations Manager (BOM) provides fiscal, budget and HR transactional and management support for VP Office and oversight for numerous units that rollup to the VP Office. The BOM is responsible for a wide range of fiscal duties which include, but are not limited to, accounting, purchasing, budgeting, grant management, data analysis, planning, and developing internal procedures. Duties will also include purchasing card management, an in-depth knowledge of fiscal policy, building and creating reports from various database and software programs, and acting as a resource for EOSS department fiscal staff. The BOM is also responsible for a wide range of HR duties which include, but are not limited to, staff and student hiring, recruitment, position changes, approval routing, reporting, and payroll. These functions include assisting with budgeting and forecasting, accounting, human resources, strategic planning, inventory control, internal procedures and other functions that have been designated.
EOSS Fiscal & HR Operations
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$58,000 - $65,000 per year; DOE
- Process financial transactions, purchase goods and services; review and approve purchases initiated by other staff in the online ordering
- Reconcile accounts
- Manage, reconcile and audit purchasing card transactions
- Assist with the preparation of budgets; monitor revenue and expenditures against budget; identify and explain variances; prepare budget revisions; maintain salary planning budgets
- Load operating budget and salary planning information into university budget system for multiple accounts
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of financial and administrative reports, to include sponsored reporting for a comprehensive portfolio on all budgets
- Analyze and interpret statistical, financial and management planning data for decision- making purposes
- Participate in long range planning processes
- Analyze and make recommendations for capital equipment/improvement, supplies and service requirements
- Manage multiple ASU and ASU Foundation accounts
- Assist with responses to audit requests and gathers documentation for PCard and financial records. Also perform PCard, payroll and account reconciliations
- Investigate Bi-Weekly payroll discrepancies and works as a liaison between the unit and human resources to reach a solution
- Perform all activities associated with Department Time Administrator to ensure accurate and timely recording of exception and positive time for human resource staff members
- Assist with internal and external audits; including but not limited to verification of approval levels, salary for all employees, and written internal reconciliation process
- Assist with preparing audit documents for payroll reconciliations. Perform routine payroll reconciliation in coordination with payroll end dates
- Coordinate and process Staff and Student recruitments, Staff promotions and Student Pay rate change processes, Termination processes within the department, and maintain personnel files consistent with University policies and practices
- Oversee Staff Recruitment requests for all EOSS Units, tracking process, notifying area of approval and supplies matrixes of requests to leadership when requested
- Prepare position announcements, advertisements and information materials for recruitment
- Work with the University's Travel system to approve travel requests and expenses
- Create/build complex and technical reports from query systems
- Develop recommendations for operational policies and procedures; prepare and update internal manuals
- Keep informed of, interpret and apply pertinent rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by university or other governing agencies; inform affected staff as changes occur
- Gather data for internal and external audits and reviews
- Assist with special projects
- Participate in the monthly EOSS Fiscal Operations Group meeting and other EOSS and University fiscal and human resources meetings and trainings
8-5 Monday - Friday, with extended hours as needed.
Work location is primarily at the Tempe Campus; however, incumbent may be required to travel to other campuses to perform work.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and six (6) years of directly related administrative experience which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Ten (10) years of directly related administrative experience which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal policies and procedures and overall fiscal administration
- Experience in using fiscal, and budget databases and software such as Workday, PeopleSoft, Adaptive or any budget software and Analytics/Query systems
- Experience processing financial transactions
- Experience with financial and payroll reconciliation processes
- Experience in managing multiple accounts
- Experience in preparing, monitoring and forecasting budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge of fund accounting and HR Policy
- Experience with processing purchases through Workday adhering to ASU policy with certain thresholds
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCard guidelines
- Experience with Recruitment process and BrassRing
- Advance knowledge of excel specifically processing completed formulas and pivot tables
- Experience in pulling, reviewing and comprehending reports
- Able to work in a high-volume environment with being able to adapt to changing requests and competing deadlines
- Evidence of problem-solving skills to stream line a process or finding solutions in complex issues
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Daily use of desktop computer.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Regular review of completed tasks.
Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) is committed to enrolling all qualified students at Arizona State University and assisting them in their academic success. EOSS provides a broad range of services and support to students and prospective students ranging from outreach efforts with K-12 schools, orientation programs for new freshman, bridge programs to assist the transition to a university environment, and a wide variety of services, programs and activities for enrolled students. EOSS has direct responsibility for multiple departments across four campuses, some of which include the Dean of Students, University Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Resources, the Memorial Union, TRIO programs, Sun Devil Fitness, Student Government, Student Media, Career Services, Access ASU and others.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Assistant Athletic Director Finance, University of Mississippi, United States, 15 days ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position exercises discretion and independent judgment in assisti...
Senior Manager, Fire And Life Safety, Dallas County Community College District, United States, 6 days ago
Apply now Job no:501434 Work type:Full-time Location:Various locations Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Senior Manager, Fire and Life Safety Job Title Code CQC Salary Level N...
Payroll Specialist, Washington State University, Worldwide, 9 days ago
Title: 151F-YN - Fiscal Specialist 2 Business Title: Payroll Specialist Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of Duties: The Payroll...
Enrollment Services Manager 3, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 6 days ago
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS: If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . ...
Coordinator Of Outreach Programs, University of Mississippi, United States, about 12 hours ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position coordinates and participates in the collection and maint...
Fiscal Specialist 2 Office Of Research, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 15 hours ago
Title: 151F-YN - Fiscal Specialist 2 Business Title: Fiscal Specialist 2-Office of Research Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of...