Business Intelligence Devlpr
ASU, a leading innovator in higher education, committed to maintaining the most dynamic and productive learning experience for its students, is looking to fill the position of Business Intelligence (BI) Developer for its Enterprise Technology (ET). The candidate will play a leading role in the development, implementation, and management of data warehouse solutions to support data enrichment initiatives for ASU. This position offers a fast-paced, energetic, and technically rich environment with many opportunities for advancement.
As with everyone in the Enterprise Technology team, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our Enterprise Technology Positive Core.
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click here to explore options.
ASU Enterprise Technology
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$83,013 - $100,000 per year; DOE
- Work with users and business analysts to translate functional requirements into technical data warehouse solutions in a Cloud Computing environment (AWS Redshift)
- Develop high quality moderate to complex ISO-compliant SQL (analytic functions, advanced joins, effective dating)
- Design and develop SQL to implement destructive and historical loads of Star Schema Type 1 and 2 dimensions
- Design ETL job templates and architect Redshift data structures to integrate a variety of high-volume data stores, capture changes and maintain current and historical information
- Using Matillion, DataStage and other ETL tools, develop and test incremental logic and slowly changing dimensions ETL jobs
- Design and develop Redshift/Spectrum objects (tables, views, stored procedures, functions)
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills in developing and supporting data warehouse and ETL solutions
- Produce data models and database designs, including dimensional models
- Do analysis and provide performance tuning recommendations for data structures, SQL code and ETL design to improve performance
- Learn new technologies quickly and adapt to changing toolsets
- Research, apply and refine best practices for data warehouse architectures, methods and features
- Perform change management and transition objects from DEV to QA to Production environments
- Maintain existing data warehouse objects and code
- Provide production support for ETL jobs on a 24 x 7 recurrent schedule
- Participate and multi-task as an Agile self-starter
- Communicate complex conceptual ideas and technical subjects to a variety of audiences
- Deal well with ambiguity, prioritize needs and complete projects on time and in scope
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Provide technical leadership and coach other team members
- Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our Enterprise Technology Affirmative Pledge
Bachelors degree in a business, information technology or closely related field and three (3) years experience in data modeling or database design using SQL or similar language and use of ETL process analysis and design, BI tool use and administration as well as user training/documentation development experience OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working in higher education, EdTech or other education-related organization(s)
- Experience working with data from higher education ERP systems (examples include PeopleSoft, Banner, Workday, Salesforce)
- Significant experience (3+ years) designing SQL and ETL jobs to create enriched data
- Experience with database design including dimensional models
- Experience in using SQL or similar procedural language
- Experience working with high volume data sets
- Experience providing data for reporting analysts, statistical modelers, and/or data scientists
- Comfort in learning new technologies, and working with ambiguity and agility
- Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Experience working in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing
- Use office equipment including a desktop or laptop computer
- Communicate to perform essential duties
- Regular review of completed tasks
The Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and
executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our
work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The ET fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Software Engineer (All Genders Welcome)Niedersächsische Staats Und Universitätsbibliothek, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 18 hours ago
Software-Entwickler*in (w/m/d) Stellen-ID: 73998 Facility: Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Contact person: Ingo Pfennigstorf Pfennigstorf@sub.uni-goettingen.de 05513921201 D...
Research Data Manager Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 6 days ago
21-Mar-2023 Harvard Medical School 61915BR Position Description The Research Data Manager Specialist reports to the Health Care Policy (HCP) Department Data Manager and works with highly confident...
Advancement Coordinator/Coordinateur De L'avancement, University of Alberta, Canada, about 22 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed on our Benefits Overview page . If you previously ap...
Senior Data Analyst, Deakin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:537324 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible Categories:Information Technology Flexible location, Burwood or Waurn Ponds Full-time, continuing position HEW 8 - $105,612 - $120,918...
Research Associate In Experimental Cosmology, Cardiff University, Andorra, about 20 hours ago
Vacancy Number: 16218BR Research Associate in Experimental Cosmology School of Physics and Astronomy Cardiff University The Astronomy Instrumentation Group (AIG) at Cardiff University is seeking a...
Assistant Professor In Design And Manufacturing, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Vacancies Assistant Professor in Design and Manufacturing Key takeaways The Challenge You’ll work on innovative technologies, methods and tools to eventually improve the design, manufacturing, ope...