Business Development Manager
Arizona State University & the EPIXC Institute seek a Business Development Manager, Membership to join our team. The Department of Energy has selected ASU to establish a new Clean Energy Manufacturing Innovation Institute devoted to the challenge of fighting greenhouse gas emissions from industrial process heating. The multi-institution effort is known as Electrified Processes for Industry Without Carbon (EPIXC). Be a part of the team that is making a difference in the world!
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Grant Funded Position
This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent on future grant funding.
$62,595 - $70,000 per year; DOE
09-February-2023 - EXTENDED
- Identify, pursue and manage long-term, sustainable business relationships with corporate partners that align with EPIXC Institute goals and objectives.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in developing and implementing EPIXC Institute plans (i.e. sustainability strategic plan, institute marketing plan, commercialization strategy for technology and training)
- Track and report progress towards membership goals to the EPIXC Executive Leadership Team
- Create and promote a portfolio of internal offerings for external clients, resourcing from Institute activities to match companies’ interests.
- Develop new, revenue-generating opportunities for the EPIXC Institute.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in funding opportunities and business plan development/presentation.
- Identify opportunities for the Institute to add value to existing and prospective partners’ priorities.
- Provide business development consulting services to Institute faculty and staff.
- Develop, maintain and report on metrics to gauge the portfolio's social and economic impact on the Institute and community leaders, consistent with requirements of the cooperative agreement with the Department of Energy.
- Oversee and report on the financial management of assigned partnerships.
- Utilize CRM and data management tools to monitor partnership engagement.
- Follow business procedures and best practices established for the internal ASU corporate engagement community.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, technology-related discipline or closely related field and three (3) years’ closely related experience OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree in Business or technology-related field and five (5) years’ closely related experience with demonstrated ability to bring concepts from development to successful launch.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a complex organization, including global networking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate relations, business operations, and business development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing concepts.
- Experience in problem-solving and decision-making in a complex organization.
- Experience in planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities, and establishing priorities.
- Experience in handling confidential information.
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Additional qualities: Genuine interest in collaboration, innovation, and improvement for all parties involved.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
Electrified Processes for Industry without Carbon (EPIXC) was established to develop, scale and demonstrate electrical process heating solution using clean electricity for advanced manufacturing. EPIXC is a national public/private partnership that convenes the US Department of Energy, 37 industry, university, National Laboratory, labor unions, and other diverse stakeholders from 25 states to pursue a vision in which electric heating enables manufacturing decarbonization everywhere with benefits from everyone. Through a national innovation ecosystem, EPIXC will accelerate technology adoption at regional and national scale and accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon economy by 2050.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume & Cover Letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Assistant Professor Of Practice, The University of Arizona, United States, about 4 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Assistant Professor of Practice United States | req18925 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Assistant Professor of Practice Posting Number req18925 Department Animal&Bi...
Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty Philosophy (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 9 hours ago
The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty member performs duties relating to online instructi...
Faculty Organizational Management (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 19 days ago
At UAGC, full-time Faculty are discipline experts who provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or discipline to facilitate and support student success ...
Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty – Entry Point, Gen 101 (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 17 days ago
The Online Associate Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate Faculty member performs duties relating to online instruction including but not...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 20 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...
Fire Mechanic, Harvard University, United States, 13 days ago
14-Feb-2024 Campus Services 64998BR Job Summary Energy & Facilities (E&F) operates and manages Harvard’s energy supplies, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures on the Cambridge/Bosto...