Job TitleBusiness Associate III - Business Office
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The Division of Finance advances the teaching, research, and outreach mission of Texas A&M University. We are comprised of three different units serving in a range of administrative areas of Texas A&M. We serve Texas A&M University by:
- Providing outstanding service to our stakeholders
- Facilitating best practices, including ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Enabling Texas A&M University to create and maintain a diverse campus and welcoming climate
- Creating a culture of life-long learning and professional development within our Division
- Engaging in responsible stewardship of financial and people resources in a sustainable manner
We invite you to learn more about our division. Please visit us at: https://finance.tamu.edu/index.html . The Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH) includes the Small Animal Hospital http://vethospital.tamu.edu/small-animal-hospital and the Large Animal Hospital http://vethospital.tamu.edu/large-animal-hospital , both of which are dedicated to the total well-being and care of a pet throughout its lifetime.
What we want
The Business Associate III provides support for business activities. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume : A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
Other Requirements or Other Factors: Persons in this position are considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc., and are therefore required to report to work and remain on duty unless/until relieved by the direct supervisor.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website . As a Healthcare facility, The Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital COVID-19 guidelines may vary from those located on the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ website.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduation or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of related experience in general office, bookkeeping, or personnel operations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software programs.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree
- Three years of task management experience along with an Associate's degree
- Five years of task management experience without an Associate's degree
- TAMU experience with I-Payments
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Business Office - Receives calls from staff during and after regular working hours about client inquiries. Researches accounts and invoices for client and research-based accounts. Audits I-payment records prior to the finance office reconciling. Performs monthly collection calls on past due client accounts. Monitors Vet Valor account by recording payment and disbursements. Maintains all Save the Animals Funds. Assists with maintaining Resident/Intern emergency cases incentives. Maintains business files and assists with specialized business projects, tasks and activities. Assists the Assistant Director of Client Services, Sr. Administrative Coordinator and Administrative Associate V as needed.
- Client Services Accounts - Responds client’s questions concerning their account and invoice discrepancies, sets up payment plans for clients who need to make payments on their outstanding balances. Investigates errors on transactions and recommends and coordinates appropriate corrective action. Posts client payments who call in their monthly payment plan payment. Investigates and books collector account appointments. Oversees client payment plans and follow up billing to ensure hospital policy and procedures are complied with. Researches, closes, emails and mails client supplemental invoices.
- Policy and Procedures - Provides technical information regarding payment processing procedures and service. Assists in the oversight of compliance of University Policies and Procedures pertaining to cash handling. Assists with training new business office personnel including monthly training on being the liaison between the Business Office and the Finance Office.
- Backup Support
- Provides backup to the Administrative Associate V and performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Customer Service Associate Ii Communications, Texas A&M University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Customer Service Associate II - Communications Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $11.50 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas ...
Research Animal Caretaker 3, Texas A&M University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Research Animal Caretaker-3 Agency Texas A&M University Department Comparative Medicine Program Proposed Minimum Salary $13.00 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Tempora...
Veterinary Technician Ii La Icu, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician II_LA ICU Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $20.04 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Veterinary Technician Iii Large Animal Icu Shift Supervisor, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician III Large Animal ICU Shift Supervisor Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $21.33 hourly Job Location College St...
Veterinary Technician Iii Sa Icu Shift Supervisor, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician III - SA ICU Shift Supervisor Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $21.33 hourly Job Location College Station, T...
Veterinary Technician I Equine Ortho. Surgery, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician I - Equine Ortho. Surgery Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $19.11 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas...