Serves as the liaison between functional users, project team members, and business and the technology organizations. Participates in designing solutions and writing requirements specifications, develops and executes test plans, and works with technical staff to build and implement technology solutions. May function as a Project Manager and/or in Business Analyst roles, as project team requires. Should have an understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes, and methodologies, along with understanding of business functions and processes. Responsible for educating project team members and the business community on the impact of the proposed technology. Is team oriented and is focused on improving business operations.
BFIT Application Support
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$62,000 per year
- Serves as liaison between customers/end-users, functional project teams, and the technology support organizations.
- Designs technological solutions and writes requirement specifications, develops and executes test plans, and works with technical staff to coordinate the implementation of projects and control efforts to ensure desired goals are achieved and sustained.
- Facilitates decision-making by communicating in and across project teams and functional areas; elicits requirements using interviews, requirement gathering meetings, surveys, document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
- Applies approved project methods, standards and processes to reduce total cost of ownership by applying best practices.
- Performs testing of software updates and facilitates testing with functional areas in assigned areas.
- May function in a Project Manager or Business Analyst role as Project team requires.
- Support end-users through on-call support and problem resolution, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree AND two (2) years of experience in procedural, management or systems analysis work; OR, Six (6) years of experience in procedural, management, or systems analysis work; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/ or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in using analytical and problem solving abilities leading to problem resolution.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience in business systems analysis with SaaS applications.
- Experience in a Higher Education environment.
- Experience writing functional specifications for system modifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and tables structures.
- Experience in designing, testing, and implementing integrations between multiple systems, databases, etc.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Workday, PeopleSoft HCM, WebTMA.
- Experience in project management.
- Evidence of PMP certification is preferred.
- Experience documenting and mapping business processes.
- Evidence of Lean Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- Experience creating test plans, planning and conducting Unit and System testing and coordinating User Acceptance testing.
- Experience with SQL and proficient in writing queries and reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, SSRS, SSIS, Alteryx, etc.
- Experience in software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies and ability to determine and apply methodology to project work.
- Activities primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking.
- Sponsorship not available.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer.
- Bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
- Performance is measured on completion of project assignments and meeting departmental objectives.
- Ability to communicate and perform essential duties.
- Regular activities require ability to change priorities quickly, which may include, and/or require being subject to, resolution of conflicting priorities.
Business and Finance Information Technology (BFIT) supports the university community in a professional and customer-focused manner by effective problem resolution and development of innovative solutions to meet ASU business requirements.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Business and Finance Information Technology (BFIT) will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions), The University of Arizona, United States, 7 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) United States | req13741 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) ...
Project Development Officer, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 1 day ago
The Project Development Office (PDO) is the department's central hub for all activities related to acquisition of research funding and proposal/project development. We support our researchers in f...
It Business Analyst Scion, Scion, New Zealand, about 20 hours ago
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Information Technology Team. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual with solid IT Business Analyst skills and experience interested in w...
Impact & Partnership Development Officer, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Developing Business-Aware Academics Project Innovation, Impact and Business – Business School This role offers the opportunity for hybrid working – some time on campus and some from home. This ful...
Project Coordinator, Unlv Economic Development Business And Finance Administrative [R0135608], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 26 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Project Coordinator, UNLV Economic Development - Business and Finance Administrative [R0135608] ROLE of the POSITION The Project Coordi...
Business Development Specialist, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Job Purpose The Business Development Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Manager and team on the delivery of core services to existing and potential investors and contribute to ...