|Job ID: 501518|
July 2, 2021
July 2, 2022
CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
BUILD Evaluation Researcher
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Office of Research & Sponsored Programs/SF BUILD (Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity)
Temporary: Position will end on or before August 31, 2022. Permanent status cannot be earned in this grant funded position. This Temporary appointment can be concluded prior to the stated temporary appointment end date, normally with a two-week notice period. Continuation of this temporary appointment is contingent upon grant funding.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range
$6,180.00 per month ($74,160.00 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the general direction of the Program Evaluation Director, the BUILD Evaluation Researcher will provide support and oversight for the daily function of the BUILD evaluation team. This individual will lead the development and analysis of quantitative measures to evaluate site-level efforts at SF State and partner institution, UCSF. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with SF BUILD Leadership, external evaluators, SF State students and community members for quantitative analysis and data management to support evaluation efforts. The candidate will also work with the national Coordination and Evaluation Committee to ensure the consortium-wide evaluation plan developed in collaboration with all BUILD sites is maintained at the SF BUILD site.
Quantitative Data Analysis
- Interpret data analyzed from site-level & consortium-level studies and provide SF BUILD leadership with recommendations on how to move the project forward.
- Develop program to analyze large site-level and national-level datasets based on research questions of the BUILD team and collaborators
- Prepare graphic representations and interpretations of data results to distribute
- Lead a small team to implement site-level evaluation of SF BUILD activities and interventions using Mix-method approaches
- Oversee research assistants and trainees in quantitative analysis and data management to support evaluation efforts
- Lead a small team on the processing of data, and the analysis of quantitative and qualitative statistical data
- Provide research training support and guidance to research assistants and trainees
- Report findings to the SF BUILD Leadership
- Collaborate with the Coordination and Evaluation Center to assess the student and faculty outcomes for participating in SF BUILD programs and activities
- Represent the SF BUILD program at conferences and meetings to discuss program outcomes and interpretations of data
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledges and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of research techniques, including the planning of studies and investigations, the determining of variables and the developing of reference materials; thorough knowledge of research reporting techniques; general knowledge of machine tabulation techniques and the programming of data; thorough knowledge of the techniques and treatment of data such as simple correlation methods, trend analysis, frequency distribution analysis, sampling techniques, hypothesis testing and methods of interval estimation; familiarity with the principles of personnel management and effective supervision and ability to direct the work of others. Ability to reason logically and capacity for independent and creative thinking on research problems; ability to develop techniques for handling a large variety of detailed data and ability to analyze these data ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; ability to speak and write effectively; ability to analyze situations accurately and to adopt an effective course of action.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university. (Additional qualifying professional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
- Doctorate Degree in Education, Social Psychology, or relevant field
- Experience with higher education research
- Prior experience with data management software for maintaining and analyzing large data sets
- Candidates should have experience conducting mix-method, qualitative, and quantitative research
- Prior experience working with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Registered Nurse, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 26 days ago
Pediatric Renal Dialysis Center Part Time 61176BR Job Summary Under general supervision, guided by the policies and procedures of the Ambulatory Services, and in collaboration with the physician s...
Business Technical Support Analyst, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 11 days ago
UCSF Information Technology-Field Service Full Time 61478BR Job Summary Typically found in large central departments serving multiple departments or units, this family involves providing day-to-da...
Senior Mr Technologist, Per Diem, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 8 days ago
Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Per Diem 61622BR Job Summary The individual serves as a Per Diem Senior MR Technologist performing scans to facilitate with advanced MR research studies in the UCSF ...
Senior Clinical Research Coordinator Cancer Immunotherapy Program, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 1 day ago
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center Full Time 61589BR Job Summary The Senior Clinical Research Coordinators (Sr. CRC) with the Cancer Immunotherapy Program (CIP) will independently coo...
Pilates Instructor, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 5 days ago
Campus Life Services, Fitness & Recreation Part Time 61671BR Job Summary Why join our Team? We are passionate fitness professionals dedicated to “making life better” for the UC students, faculty,...
Group Fitness Instructor, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 9 days ago
Campus Life Services, Fitness & Recreation Part Time 61485BR Job Summary Why join our Team? We are passionate fitness professionals dedicated to “making life better” for the UC students, faculty,...