Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position performs duties to identify and recruit prospective students. The incumbent plans and participates in the implementation and recruitment of prospective students using marketing strategies and public relations skills, and counsels prospective students and parents regarding the admission process.
This position will be based in the State of Texas (Dallas, Houston, or Austin). The position also requires high level of proficiency in Spanish.
Examples of Work Performed
- Assists in planning and implementation of admissions and recruitment strategies.
- Represents University at recruitment events to provide contextual information regarding admissions to attendants.
- Participates with the departmental leadership in defining key schools and designing and implementing strategies for them.
- Visits high schools within assigned region and conducts meetings with prospective students while building relationships with alumni, school counselors, and other interested parties.
- Corresponds with prospective students and others seeking information on admissions standards, university programs, and student activities.
- Conducts presentations and tours for and on-campus interviews of prospective students and their parents or guardians.
- Participates in the admissions and scholarship selection committee process.
- Develops programs and communication tools for the recruitment of prospective students.
- Assists with the ambassador and telecounseling programs.
- Creates, analyzes, and maintains prospect records in the campus recruiting management (CRM) system.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, conferred no later than the date of hire, or verified in writing by the respective Dean’s Office or Registrar’s Office that requirements have been met with certainty for the degree to be conferred.
Six (6) months of experience related to the above described duties.
Fluency: Spanish Language Fluency
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Related education and related experience may be substituted on a basis set forth by the Department of Human Resources.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Student Recruiter, University of Alberta, Canada, about 19 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location Work primari...
Regional Enrollment Manager, Hult, Italy, about 13 hours ago
The Opportunity You will need to develop and implement an Undergraduate enrolment and marketing strategy for Italy whilst also managing the Italian enrolment team. This position requires state of ...
Student Recruiter, Campus Saint Jean, University of Alberta, Canada, about 19 hours ago
Ce poste fait partie de la Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has an end date of August 29, 2025 and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Sta...
Director Of Enrollment, Hult, Mexico, about 13 hours ago
Job description The Opportunity We are looking for an outgoing and ambitious sales person with a strong managerial acumen to join our growing team of young professionals as a Director of Enrollmen...
Associate Director Of Enrollment, Hult, Spain, about 13 hours ago
Job Title: Associate Director of Enrollment Location: Madrid Reports To: Director of Enrollment The Opportunity We are looking for an Associate Director of Enrollment to join our fast-moving and a...
Business Developer Junior, Hult, Brazil, about 13 hours ago
The Opportunity We are looking for an Business Developer Junior to join our fast-moving and ambitious Latam team based in São Paulo. You will be responsible for contacting and advising our Brazili...