The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the USC Hotel offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a Server to join our rapidly growing Banquets & Catering team.
As a Server, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the guest experience and the quality of service that will be extended to visitors, students, faculty and staff on a daily basis. The Server primarily provides a consistent and professional delivery of customer service to guests, including full restaurant table service. As a customer-facing member of the Banquets and Catering team, the Server embodies the values and work ethic of the entire staff. He or she will serve as a positive reflection of the Banquets and Catering team and its commitment to Trojan principles.
- Provide full restaurant service.
- Assist with basic food and beverage preparation.
- Maintain and stock supplies, food items and utensils.
- Ensure sanitation standards are maintained.
- Adhere to all established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma not required.
- Experience: 1 year.
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Prefer:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years in a high volume restaurant operation.
- Knowledge of craft beers.
- Experience in a gastropub environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE , and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Less than high school
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Knowledge of proper banquet and catering service protocol. Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures. Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Patient Navigator, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 11 days ago
Job Duties Job Qualifications Job Duties Responsibilities Duties and Tasks – Ability to determine program needs and work with a team to create and maintain accurate schedules for patient coordina...
Clinical Dietitian Ii Food Service Per Diem Days, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, about 8 hours ago
Requisition # 19001606Apply Now Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders by elevating care to an art. After all, the same dedicat...
Administrative Dietitian Patient Food Services Full Time Days, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, about 8 hours ago
Requisition # 19001488Apply Now Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to ...
Data Engineer, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 17 days ago
Job Duties Job Qualifications Job Duties Responsibilities * Contribute to ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related act...
Dining Room Supervisor, University of California, United States, 20 minutes ago
Requisition Number: 30100 Job Title: FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR Working Title: Dining Room Supervisor Salary: $13.27 - $23.65 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3187-LAKE ARROWHEAD CONFERENCE C...
Clinical Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant 7 Se Medical Surgical Endocrinology 12hrs Nights, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, about 7 hours ago
Requisition # 19001165Apply Now Every Skill Every Effort Everything We Have When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every...