GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
UMass Medical School’s Information Technology Innovation Internship program is designed to provide exceptional opportunities for talented students and to strengthen UMMS’ technology ecosystem through the innovative ideas and infectious energy of the interns. The IT Intern will get an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement and advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery.
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Medical School 12th in the country for primary care, and this internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn and gain valuable skills in an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country.
An AWS Distributed Software Engineering Internship position is available with an exciting opportunity to architect, design and produce distributed software solutions, that will be used to optimize cloud development solutions for UMMS IT. During the internship position, you will work with groups in IT using AWS and other tools to produce distributed solutions that other IT members may utilize for their solutions development. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and architecting the solution as well as distributing the solutions to UMMS IT development staff for utilization.
The IT department at UMass Medical School has been building its presence in the cloud by setting up environments to host existing applications and utilizing Amazon Web Services to build new applications. We are looking for an intern to help us optimize our application development process in the cloud and provide tooling to move future applications to the cloud. You will have online resources available to assist you in creating this process as well as supportive members of IT to help you along the way. If you are a creative and innovative person looking for an opportunity to work with a team that is passionate about their products and customers, then apply now!
For more information, please visit: https://www.umassmed.edu/it/internship/ .
- Utilize innovative ideas and approaches to assist in the development of working models to serve the needs of our faculty, students and researchers
- Complete a project from start to finish and write-up and present the work product to the UMass community
- Participate in team projects
- Conduct online research
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a higher education institution or recent graduate
- Solid analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Proven interest in IT and passion in furthering the mission of UMMS
- Must have above average academic performance
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing, distributed reusable software solutions for UMMS IT customers.
- Experience developing and maintaining proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies and services.
- Experience architecting/operating advanced solutions built in hybrid-cloud environments
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
- Experience with object-oriented/scripting languages and full stack development: UI, middle-tier, and backend.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a plus
- Experience building distributed web application systems using micro services and serverless architectures
- Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
- Experience with relational and non-relational database management systems and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with serverless and microservice design including (AWS Lambda, SQS, SNS, kinesis and Docker)
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Ability to identify and learn emerging technologies within AWS that UMMS IT could leverage
This is paid internship
Duration: 6-12 months
Major: We will consider all majors
Transportation: Should have his/her own means of transportation
Board Certified Otolaryngologist, Director Of Gme Education At Umass Worcester, Human Resources/UMass Memorial Medical Group, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:UMass Memorial Medical Group Physicians -Human Resources/UMass Memorial Medical Group -DIRECTOR [#16200] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Worcester, Massac...
Associate/Full Professor, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:UMASSMED -QHS -19066 [#14611, 19-066] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, United States [map ] Subject Area: I...
Statistical Geneticist/Genetic Epidemiologist Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:University of Massachusetts Medical School -Ophthalmology -PROFAST [#15194] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Worcester, MA 01605, United States...
Instructor Or Assistant Professor, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:UMASSMED -QHS -20080H [#16375] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, United States [map ] Subject Area: Informatics ...
Faculty Clinician Scientist In Medical Retina Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:University of Massachusetts Medical School -Ophthalmology -ASSTPROF [#15195] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Worcester, MA 01605, United State...
Asst Professor Bioinformatics, Program in Molecular Medicine, United States, 9 days ago
Position ID:UMASSMED -PMM -AP1 [#16196, 20-073] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, United States [map ] Subject Area: Bioinfo...