Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity as the Athletics Operations Coordinator in the Athletics Department. At Brandeis, we offer a competitive benefits and compensation package which includes medical, dental and life insurances. If you are looking to advance your career through educational opportunities, Brandeis offers tuition assistance for employees, dependents and spouses. Our 403b retirement savings plan includes a generous match.
The Athletics Operations Coordinator will oversee and coordinate the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, certification, daily supervision of student lifeguard staff (30+) and manage annual operating and payroll budgets. Manage varsity events for assigned sports. Oversee and coordinate external rentals as a revenue source for the university. Oversee the maintenance and effective day to day operation of the Linsey Pool and ensure the pool is compliant with all local, state and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications.
- Oversee the maintenance and effective day to day operation of the Linsey Pool and ensure the pool is compliant with all local, state and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation. Monitor all pool mechanical and chemical operations and serve as liaison with University Facilities Services and/or outside contractors. 20%
- Oversee and coordinate the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, certification, daily supervision of student lifeguard staff (30+) and manage annual operating and payroll budgets. 20%
- Coordinate and schedule pool for all aquatics programming; including varsity practices, Health, Wellness and Life Skills classes, open lap swims, intramural sports, group fitness classes, campus events, rental groups, summer camps, swim lessons, etc. Maintain website and communicate operating hours to campus community and outside groups. 20%
- Manage varsity events for assigned sports, including venue setups and breakdowns, hiring, training, and scheduling necessary event staff, and coordinating official assignments. 20%
- Oversee and coordinate external rental groups as a revenue source for the university, including generating contracts, verifying insurance certificates, and invoicing. 10%
- In conjunction with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics, responsible for policy development and implementation, and risk management to ensure health and safety of all patrons. 5%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of prior experience working in athletics or recreational sports, preferably at the college level. Graduate Assistant experience is acceptable.
- Physical/Environmental Demands: Operates in pool, gymnasium, on courts, and may operate outside in varied weather. Must be able to consistently lift and/or move 20 to 30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move 50 to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours – evening and weekend work is required.
- Valid driver's license required. Requires ability to drive 12-passenger vans.
- Must be able to be insured by the University.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Pool Operator, Lifeguard Instructor and CPR/AED certifications required.
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.
Property Operations Assistant, Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences, United States, 15 days ago
Details Posted: 07-Sep-23 Location: USA - MA - Boston Type: Part-time Salary: Open Categories: Athletics Facilities//Maintenance/Trades Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 63588BR Job Summary Re...
Assistant Professor In Computational Linguistics, Computer Science Department, United States, 21 days ago
Position ID:Brandeis -COSCI -CLASST [#25467] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Waltham, Massachusetts 02453, United States [map ] Subject Area: Computer...
Athletic Facilities Coordinator Iii, Northeastern University, United States, 3 days ago
About the Opportunity Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Athletic Facilities & Central Events Services and Ass't Director of Athletic Facilities Operations & Services , the candidate will ...
Assistant Director – Digital Marketing & Engagement, Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences, United States, 8 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Sep-23 Location: USA - MA - Boston Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations/Communications Athletics Staff/Administrative Internal Number:...
Assistant Professor Biology And Neuroscience, Department of Biology and Neuroscience Program, Brandeis University, United States, 1 day ago
The Department of Biology and the Program in Neuroscience at Brandeis University invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor beginning in academic year 2024-2025. We seek an individ...
Vehicle And Building Operations Coordinator, Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences, United States, about 1 month ago
Details Posted: 21-Aug-23 Location: USA - MA - Cambridge Type: Part-time Salary: Open Categories: Administrative/Support Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 63462BR Job Summary Reporting to the ...