Under the general supervision of the Associate Director, Internal Operations (with joint reporting to Senior Associate Athletic Director, Athletics Facilities), the Athletics Equipment and Facility Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Equipment Room and serves as facility supervisor to Babson’s recreation & athletics complex (BRAC).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manages daily laundry for all varsity programs and other select areas (e.g., BRAC, Sports Medicine, Club Sports, etc.).
- Follows and contributes to the creation of policies and procedures to ensure safe and proper use of equipment (e.g., washer, dryer, storage, sport-specific items, etc.).
- Maintains current inventories, including issuance and retrieval of equipment and apparel for all varsity programs and other select areas. Fields daily issues that arise regarding missing and damaged items. Works with Associate Director to assess bills for missing items.
- Responsible for transferring and storing equipment and apparel in active areas (e.g., locker rooms, playing surface, etc.).
- Manages equipment room schedule (hours of operation and working shifts).
- Hires, trains, and oversees payroll for student workers
- Orders and maintains inventory of equipment room supplies (e.g., cleaning/sanitizing chemicals, loops, pad locks, towels, etc.).
- Handles/replaces chemicals and cleaning agents as needed.
- Maintains working relationship with vendors who service laundry machines and cleaning agents.
- Ensures that all members and users have the correct identification that gives them permission to use the facility.
- Responsible for following and communicating established procedures at all times.
- Works with campus partners to resolve issues, including Public Safety for emergencies and Facilities for maintenance needs.
- Assists with game management, user groups, and special events as needed.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
YOUR TEAM WILL INCLUDE
- Student Workers (5-10)
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
High School Diploma
- Requires 0-3 years of experience.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Facilitates and contributes to a culture of inclusion and belongingness for all students and staff.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK
- Regular physical exertion, walking and exposure to weather required; ability to travel; and moderate lifting required (65 pounds and under).
- Regular evening/weekend work may be required.
- All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any appropriate boosters . Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption requests.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MAY HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with a wide array of sports preferred.
Kitchen Person, Harvard University Campus Services, United States, about 1 month ago
Details Posted: 30-Aug-23 Location: USA - MA - Cambridge Type: Part-time Salary: Open Categories: Food Services/Hospitality/Events Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 63550BR Position Descriptio...
Property Operations Assistant, Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences, United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 07-Sep-23 Location: USA - MA - Boston Type: Part-time Salary: Open Categories: Athletics Facilities//Maintenance/Trades Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 63588BR Job Summary Re...
Costume Shop Manager And Designer (9 Month Posi..., Dean College, United States, 1 day ago
About Dean College: Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest a...
Environmental Services Assistant (16 Hours Per Week. Weekends), Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Sep-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 64826BR Job Summary *Environmental Service Positions are currently eligible...
Tenure Track Faculty Of Fashion Design, Framingham State University, United States, 2 days ago
About Framingham State University: Framingham State University was founded in 1839 for a singular purpose - meeting a public need to promote the public good. At our founding as the nation's first...
Coordinator Club Sports & E Sports, Northeastern University, United States, about 13 hours ago
About the Opportunity JOB SUMMARY: Northeastern University has some of the most competitive Club Sports Teams in New England supporting over 50 competitive teams, and is one of the largest Club Sp...