The mission of the Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Reporting to the Athletics Equipment Manager, the Assistant Athletic Equipment Manager will assist the Equipment Manager with all phases of equipment management in the Princeton University Athletics Department with a primary focus on supporting women’s ice hockey during the academic year. This position will also provide support for varsity sport summer camp operations. Reporting directly to the Equipment Manager with an indirect reporting relationship with the Head Coach, Women’s Ice Hockey, the Assistant Equipment Manager will provide day-to-day equipment support for women’s ice hockey during the season (to include preseason, regular season and postseason) and will provide support to the men’s ice hockey program as needed. This position will also be required to support the needs of other varsity programs as needed during the academic calendar including, but not limited to, women’s volleyball. The incumbent will work in conjunction with the Equipment Manager to manage ordering, shipping and receiving of product and manage the access and security of locker rooms and storage space. Additionally, the position will support the overall equipment room operation, including support of the Caldwell Fieldhouse operations. Duties will include supporting other varsity program equipment needs and assisting in the operation of summer sport camps in a capacity determined by the Manager, Summer Camps.
This position is full-time for 39 weeks.
- Issue protective and regular equipment, ensuring proper fit, to student-athletes as directed by the Equipment Manager and head coaches
- Repair and recondition all equipment, including skate sharpening, helmet repair, socks/jersey sewing, and stick maintenance
- Assist Equipment Manager with ordering of equipment
- Receive, unpack and examine stock to verify conformance to specifications and invoices
- Maintain inventory records and procedures established by the Equipment Manager
- Complete the shipping and receiving of product
- Pick up, deliver and manage a wide variety of supplies and equipment
- Assist in operation, management and scheduling of locker rooms, hallways/tunnels, and benches
- Assist teams during home and away contests, this includes providing bench support and greeting and assisting opposing teams at home and setting up locker rooms/game prep when away
- Operate athletic laundry system using commercial washing machines and dryers and operate all hockey specific equipment
- Assist Manager, Summer Camps with daily operations and needs of summer sport camps
- Assist with training new camp-related staff
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, coaches, staff and alumni
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Valid state issued driver's license
- Three years of experience in athletic equipment management
- Must be able to manage a flexible schedule in support of the needs of the department
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work within the framework of Princeton University, Ivy League, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Must be able to handle small hand tools to maintain equipment
- AEMA Certification; or successful completion of AEMA or Phats-Sphem certification within first year
- Ability to uphold the commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW .
nights and weekends required
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.
Summer Camp Counselor, Rutgers University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Summer Camp Counselor Posting Number 21TM0267 Department SAS - Psychology-Child Study Overview Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University of New Jerse...
Assistant Athletic Director Football Marketing, Rutgers University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Athletic Director - Football Marketing Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Athletics Mktg & Communication Overview The Rutger...
Multiscale Machine Learning In Coupled Earth System Modeling, Princeton University, United States, 18 minutes ago
The Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Program at Princeton University, in association with NOAA's Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL), seeks a postdoctoral or more senior scientist to cond...
Director Of Operations Women's Rowing, Rutgers University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Director of Operations- Women's Rowing Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Athletics Events - Operations Overview The Rutgers Division ...
Unit Administrator/Specialist (Essex County), Rutgers University, United States, 5 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Unit Administrator/Specialist (Essex County) Posting Number 21TM0319 Department 4-H Youth Development Overview Posting Summary Rutgers, The State Univers...
Senior I Stem Education Coordinator, Rutgers University, United States, 5 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Senior iSTEM Education Coordinator Posting Number 21TM0290 Department Math, Science & Comp Edu Ctr Overview Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University...