For security purposes, this system automatically logs you off when it senses no activity for 60 minutes. Please click either the Next button or you can go to different pages of the application by selecting the page from the dropdown menu and clicking GO button every 60 minutes in order to avoid losing your data.
|Top Message||Both current Ohio State employees and the general public may apply for this unclassified professional position.|
|Message to Applicants|
|Number of Positions Available||1|
|University Title||Associate Vice President of Institutional Equity|
|Working Title||AVP-Institutional Equity|
|Department||Academic Affairs Admin|
|Summary of Duties||
Associate Vice President-Institutional Equity
Reports to: Executive Vice President and Provost
The Ohio State University is committed to preparing a diverse student body to be leaders and engaged citizens. Our faculty and staff work to reinforce a culture of integrity, transparency, and trust. Our entire community understands that diversity and inclusion are essential components of our excellence The University is creating an Office of Institutional Equity to provide strategic operational and collaborative emphasis to advance these values. The Office will be responsible for clarifying and advancing the university’s commitment to equity and fairness, through promotion and education of the University’s applicable policies, procedures and practices. The Office will oversee our processes for appropriate assessment and response to claims of inequitable treatment and coordinate systemic evaluation of issues to ensure ongoing monitoring and improvement.
The Associate Vice President will lead this new Office, through a cross functional group of professional staff working collaboratively across the university, to:
The successful candidate will have:
• The highest level of personal integrity and ethics
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, planning and management skills along with experience supervising cross functional teams
• Deep knowledge of and ability to interpret nondiscrimination laws and legal guidance related to the laws
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and interact effectively with key stakeholders such as students, staff, faculty and community and governmental agencies
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to uphold the universities policies around a diverse workforce
• Comfort with conflict, and the courage and integrity to pursue action consistent with the goals of civil rights law and university policy
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation and facilitation skills with an emphasis on education and training for a variety of constituencies
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills coupled with intellectual curiosity
|Additional Information for Applicants:|
|Pre Employment Screening||Requires the successful completion of a background check.|
• Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration, Higher Education Law, Behavior Sciences or Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, planning and management skills along with experience supervising cross functional teams;
|Job Category||Administrative and Professional|
|Job Appointment (FTE%)||
|Temporary or Regular||Regular|
|Posting Start Date||11/10/2018|
|Posting End Date||11/18/2018|
|Dept Contact Name||Houser,Roberta Jean|
|Dept Contact Phone||614/292-3718|
Administrative Assistant To The Dean, College Of Health And Public Administration , Franklin University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Franklin University has a position available to support the Dean of the College of Health and Public Administration as an Administrative Assistant. This individual will provide administrative sup...
College Of Health And Public Administration Academic/Administrative Graduate Assistant , Franklin University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Part Time Graduate Assistant Franklin University is seeking a Graduate Assistant for the College of Health and Public Administration (COHPA). The Graduate Assistant will complement their formal s...
Academic Information Services Work Study Assistant , Franklin University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Part Time Federal Work Study The Academic Information Services Work Study Assistant provides support to the Academic Information Services department by assisting with course deployment, software q...