Harvard Kennedy School
361058 Administrative Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
The Technology and Social Change Research Project, a project of the Shorenstein Center at Harvard Kennedy School, is seeking an Associate Research Director. The Associate Research Director will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating all activities for the research program.
Reporting to the Director of the Technology and Social Change Research Project, the Associate Research Director will help support the project’s growth and mission by performing a broad range of research administration and strategy related activities including supporting project staff and researchers; strategizing with the Director about the research project, research portfolio and grant deliverables; and coordination of conference proposals and presenting research findings.
Responsibilities will include co-developing and co-managing:
● Assist with the development of the project’s strategy
● Assist the with the development and facilitation of research workshops
● Co-manage the project’s research portfolio
● Provide project management support to the project and research
● Maintain a running catalogue of speaking opportunities and academic conferences
● Coordinate the development of conference proposals and research submissions
● Manage the project’s calendar including research milestones and public speaking
● Support the written needs of the project researchers e.g. writing research summaries
● Liaise with the Center’s core team for the research project team
● Support the research team by coordinating network connections
● Support the research team by providing access to information and resources
● Support the research team by representing their interests at conferences
Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 7 years of professional experience related field required.
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and critical thinking skills;
- Experience writing about complex themes in a relatable and engaging way;
- Ability to execute a wide-variety of writing styles for multiple stakeholders;
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a hard-working team;
- Ability to build trust with a range of academic and nonacademic stakeholders;
- Ability to prioritize work; and manage multiple project and staffing needs
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Deep familiarity with mixed methods of research
This is a fully benefits-eligible one year term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
We regret that the Havard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
USA - MA - Cambridge
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Real Estate Development Manager, Harvard University Campus Services, United States, 1 day ago
Development Management The SREDM will work in close collaboration with the HUH project team, with the broader mixed-use project team led by Harvard Capital Projects (HCP), and with critical Univer...
Project Manager (Admin), Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 20 days ago
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical...
Senior Research Manager, Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health, United States, 7 days ago
The Senior Research Manager works closely with PIs and research teams of several complex projects: 1) the Tatelo Trial, a high-profile, novel, FDA-regulated trial of two broadly neutralizing antib...
Network Engineer, Harvard University Information Technology, United States, 30 days ago
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, ...
Executive Assistant To The Dean, Harvard University John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, United States, 24 days ago
The Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) seeks an enthusiastic self-starter to perform multifaceted administrative duties that support the smooth functioning o...
Senior Project Manager, Brandeis University, United States, 18 days ago
Department: ITS Technology Svcs - PM (Anne Marando) Brandeis University seeks to hire an ITS Senior Project Manager in the Information Technology Services (ITS) department. Position Purpose: The S...