About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Research Applications and Data Management and will routinely review and analyze Research Operations business process, workflow procedures, and job functions to provide insight and suggestions for improvements. Participates in related projects to develop business cases during project initiation and maintenance, identifies business needs and develops functional requirements and prototypes for system design, develops testing validation requirements for system testing, and assist in change management strategies for adoption of new systems or system changes throughout the project life cycle. Collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups including the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), Clinical Trial Support Services (CTSS), Research Business Operations, Office of Foundation Relations (OFR), Office of Technology Licensing (OTL), Corporate Finance, and Information Technology Services (ITS).
Key Responsibilities include:
Business Process and System Analysis
- Understand and monitor sponsored research business and system processes and how they are defined between various stakeholders.
- Understand system configurations and how to troubleshoot system issues, including configurations for OnCore.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following as needed: Business Case Analysis; Business Process Documentation/Work Flow Diagrams; Functional Requirements/Business Requirements Documentation; Functional Specifications; Use Cases, mock-up of GUI Screen and Interface designs.
- Understand the solution options that are available, guide project stakeholders, prioritize options based on merits, and recommend the best option.
- Submit helpdesk tickets related to research systems. Responsible for following-up on ticket submissions and will partner with ITS to ensure patches and fixes have been properly tested prior to installation to the production environment.
- Ensure that the OnCore system research users’ interests are known and communicated to other project stakeholders.
- Identify all the systems, processes and users that are impacted by the business problem, and/or the solution involved in the use of OnCore.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
System and Sponsored Research Administration
- Act as first point of contact to troubleshoot and resolve system issues with stakeholders.
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Coordinates, designs, facilitates and delivers training sessions for research system users.
- Prioritize production issues, enhancements, and projects with and amongst teams.
- Monitors routing and workflow to ensure proposals and awards are moving properly through InfoEd.
- Partner with the other members of the RADM team to support the institutional grant related reporting needs.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or relevant field is preferred.
- Relevant experience may substitute for minimum educational requirements.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Computer Information Science or related field
- Proficient in at least one high-level programming languages
- Experience with SQL and/or Jasper Reports
- Experience with clinical trial operations
- Experience in an academic or research environment
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Sr. Grant/Contract Officer Clinical Trials Office Of Research Administration, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 21 days ago
Requisition # HRC0384313A As a Sr. Grant/Contract Officer (SGCO) and member of our Centralized Office of Research Administration (ORA), you will be responsible for the complex research studies pro...
Clinical Research Billing Specialist (Budget Coordinator I) Office Of Research Administration, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 20 days ago
Requisition # HRC0504505 As a Clinical Research Budget Coordinator I (Research Billing Specialist), you will be responsible for the oversight and management of post award billing and payment manag...
Fund Manager, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 13 days ago
Job Duties Job Qualifications Job Duties Responsibilities The Fund Manager will provide comprehensive analysis and manage all of the extramural grant fund functions for the assigned Department of ...
Senior Fund Manager, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 13 days ago
Job Duties Job Qualifications Job Duties Responsibilities The Senior Fund Manager will provide comprehensive analysis and manage all of the extramural grant fund functions for the assigned Depar...
Business Development Manager, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 4 days ago
Requisition # HRC0521327 Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a ...
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack), University of Southern California, United States, 26 days ago
The University of Southern California’s (USC’s) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team...