Office of the Registrar
Under the leadership of the registrar, the Office of the Registrar registers students, collects student fees, updates and maintains student academic records, issues transcripts, updates and maintains the General Catalog, sets the academic calendar, posts degrees and issues diplomas, reports institutional data to campus and Office of the President constituents, determines California residence for tuition purposes, provides online information services to students, faculty, and staff, and oversees collection of data for student admissions. The registrar is a member of the Academic Senate and serves ex officio on two senate committees.
Two associate registrars assist the registrar in developing new initiatives, improving services, and managing the office. One associate registrar oversees records and grades, transcript services, and degree verification services and manages the General Catalog. The second associate registrar, described herein, oversees registration, enrollment, financial transactions, and management of fiscal data.
The Office of the Registrar is a unit under Student Academic Affairs at UCSF that facilitates student registration and enrollment, maintains the official academic records for current and past students and the official course catalog, and sets policy and procedures relating to management of student records.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5- years relevant, progressive years of experience
- Advanced working knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with registration management, student records management and retention
- Advanced specialized knowledge of Registrar core functions
- Advanced knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures, including those related to supervising employees, and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of
- students and access to student information
- Ability to interpret and apply complex policies and develop procedures to ensure compliance in a diverse learning community
- Advanced skills in problem identification, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; judgment
- and decision-making ability. Ability to assess business processes, identify operational gaps, and implement improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments, UC campuses, and external agencies
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Project management
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with standard office software, Internet, and e-mail applications
- Experience creating and updating Web pages using Drupal or equivalent content management system
- Master’s degree
- Advanced knowledge of advising and counseling techniques to deal with challenging issues from constituents
- Training in public management; understanding the concept of accounting
- Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs
- Experience using complex databases; ability to define specifications for database programming. Proficiency manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
006153 REGISTRAR SUPV 2
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Parnassus Heights (SF)
Additional Shift Details
Monday-Friday, 8AM to 5PM
Faculty Position In Oral Medicine Clinical X Or Hs Clinical Series , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 2 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Faculty Position in Oral Medicine - Clinical X or HS Clinical Series (JPF04124) Faculty Position in Oral Medicine - Clinical X or HS Clinical Ser...
Academic Office Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt I) Physical Therapy, The California State University, United States, 2 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 519808 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 3, 2022 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7,...
Chief, Division Of Occupational, Environmental, And Climate Medicine (Oecm) , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 1 hour ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Chief, Division of Occupational, Environmental, and Climate Medicine (OECM) (JPF04161) Chief, Division of Occupational, Environmental, and Climat...
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Computational Health Science Uc Berkeley Division Of Computing, Data Science, And Society; Ucsf Bakar Computational Health Sciences Institute , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 5 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Computational Health Science - UC Berkeley Division of Computing, Data Science, and Society; UCSF Bakar Comp...
Cge Program Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist) College Of Extended Learning, The California State University, United States, 8 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 519412 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 27, 2022 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5,...
Emergency Medicine Junior Faculty , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 2 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Emergency Medicine Junior Faculty (JPF04170) Emergency Medicine Junior Faculty Apply now to Emergency Medicine Junior Faculty Job #JPF04170 Emerg...