Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Under the leadership of Dr. Branden Grimmett, the inaugural vice provost for career and professional development and associate dean of the College, the Pathways Center helps Emory students and alumni reach their full potential through integrated career services, undergraduate research, national scholarships and fellowships, pre-health advising, and experiential learning.
Our division includes a total of 35 team members, 7 of which make up the Pathways leadership team. The Pathways Center serves as a national model for higher education in seamlessly preparing students and connecting them to resources.
Reporting to the Director of Experiential Learning, the hired candidate will serve as a member of the growing Experiential Learning (EL) team within the Pathways Center.
Experiential Learning is primarily responsible for creating, supporting, and enhancing programs that enable students to apply their Emory education in the world at-large through research, applied arts, and internship experiences.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate the strategic planning and project management skills necessary to set goals, monitor progress, develop operational timelines, and measure success
- Possess strong relationship building, time-management, organization, and communication skills
- Commit to supporting an inclusive, respectful, and high-performing team culture
Current initiatives of this program include cohort-based internship programs, asynchronous internship courses (INTERN 496 and INTERN 497/R), and the Pathways Summer Internship Funding program.
- Directs the strategic planning, development, and implementation of program. Collaborates with representatives from private, government, and international agencies.
- Represents the program in various national and international fora. Conducts research, designs new initiatives, writes publishable articles and papers, collaborates with others, and designs programs. May supervise staff. Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in field related to specific program as indicated and five years program related experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. Master's degree preferred.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Support the Director of EL with strategic planning, budgeting, program design, and assessment.
Collaborate with stakeholders across the different colleges to implement and assess application-based programs offered through EL.
- Oversee the operation of one or more EL programs, taking a lead role in communicating with students, reviewing applications, coordinating with campus partners to process decisions and awards, and tracking metrics on program impact.
- Assist with events on campus, including efforts to promote EL offerings to historically underserved populations.
- Work with communications professionals to capture and promote stories of student experiences with faculty, alumni, donors, parents, and the larger student body.
- Collaborate with the Director to identify areas of growth and improvement within EL in alignment with strategic priorities of the Pathways Center and Emory University.
- Develop and present materials on EL programming to on- and off-campus audiences, including orientations, workshops, class meetings, and conferences, supervise at least one staff member as well as student workers. Support other activities of the program and Pathways Center as requested.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Sequencing Technician , IBIMA Plataforma BIONAND, Spain, 23 days ago
15 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company IBIMA Plataforma BIONAND Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Spain Application Deadl...
Laboratory Specialist Technician, IBIMA Plataforma BIONAND, Spain, 23 days ago
15 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company IBIMA Plataforma BIONAND Research Field Medical sciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Spain Application Deadline ...
«Convenio De Colaboración Para El Diseño, El Desarrollo Técnico, El Seguimiento Y La Coordinación Y Comunicación Del Laboratorio Territorial Del Empleo, En El Marco Del Plan «Avalem Territori» 2019. Cpi 23 712»., University of Valencia, Spain, 22 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Valencia Research Field Geography » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Spain Application Deadline 30 Nov 20...
Fundraising Officer, ICN2, Spain, about 2 hours ago
ENGLISH VERSION As the Fundraising Communication Officer at the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2), you will play a pivotal role in advancing our mission of achieving scien...
Hrs2023/598 Investigador Junior, UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID, Spain, 25 days ago
13 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID Department Dpto. Señales, Sistemas y Radiocomunicaciones Research Field Engineering » Communication engineering R...
Hrs2023/628 Investigación En Tubos Protectores Para Plántulas A Partir De Plásticos Reciclados/ Research Into Protective Tubes For Seedlings Made From Recycled Plastics, UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID, Spain, 17 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID Department Ingeniería Química Industrial y del Medio Ambiente Research Field Engineering » Chemical engineering R...