Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Staff Psychologist (Part-Time) - Counseling and Psychiatric Service (CAPS), embedded at Georgetown School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown’s Counseling and Psychiatric Service (CAPS) serves as the university's primary mental health agency for its students and campus community. Our central mission is to collaborate directly with students in overcoming difficulties that may interfere with the definition and accomplishment of their educational, personal, and career goals. Accordingly, CAPS strives to provide students with opportunities to develop greater self-understanding, identify and solve problems, and improve academic performance through the alleviation of psychological, emotional, and cognitive impediments.
In this part-time (50% FTE) Counseling and Psychiatric (CAPS) position, the CAPS clinician is fully embedded at Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies (SCS), providing clinical and counseling services to SCS students, including initial consultations, short-term individual counseling/psychotherapy, walk-in hours, support and/or process groups, as well as outreach services, and consultations to deans, faculty, parents, and concerned friends. Duties include but are not limited to:
Direct Clinical Service
- Conducts mental health/psychological evaluations and assessments at Georgetown School of Continuing Studies.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy.
- Provides crisis intervention services.
- Conducts support groups as needed.
- Shares on call, intake and emergency responsibilities with other staff members.
- Maintains case management to ensure that patient dispositions are successfully completed.
- Documents and maintains timely and accurate client records.
- Provides campus-based clinical services at the School of Continuing Studies
- Maintains current knowledge regarding professional practices, ethics, and laws.
- Provides consultation to SCS students, faculty, and staff regarding mental health and behavioral and student life issues.
- Communicates with university personnel and other concerned individuals, such as family members and concerned students.
- Provides outreach activities to the University community, such as trainings, presentations, and crisis response.
Supervision and Collateral Duties
- Receives and/or provides clinical supervision as assigned.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Participates on CAPS and university committees as assigned.
- Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology or a related field, or an MSW
- Licensure in the District of Columbia as a social worker or psychologist (if not yet licensed, then licensure must be achieved within 1 year of the start date)
- Preference for previous college mental health experience, as well as demonstrated experience working with the issues noted in the position description
How to Apply
Applicants must submit both a CV and a cover letter – recommend combining CV and cover letter into a single document for upload. The cover letter must include a list of 3 references and actual letters of reference should be forwarded as they become available.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor In Public Management, McCourt School of Public Policy, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -McCourt -PUBMANPROF [#14127] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subj...
Assistant Professor Of The Politics Of The Arab World, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CCAS [#14305] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Assistant Professor Of Political Economy Or Business Economics, With A Regional Focus On Europe, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CGES [#14205] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas:...
Assistant Professor, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -DATA [#14327] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas:...
Tenure Track Faculty In Ethics And Public Policy, McCourt School of Public Policy, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -McCourt -ETHICS [#14167] Position Title: Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Ethics Public Policy Appl Deadline:2...
Education Manager, Harvard University, United States, about 5 hours ago
22-Aug-2019 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 50256BR Job Code 388057 Museum Professional Duties & Responsibilities The Education Manager will support existing programming and lead the design and imple...