Apply now »
Title: Associate Director, Special Programs - Institutional Advancement Events
Division: Office of Institutional Advancement
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Work Location: Hybrid within Greater Houston, TX
Salary Range: $60,995 - $75,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 15272
The Office of Advancement and Alumni Affairs serves the mission of Baylor College of Medicine, the No. 1-ranked medical school in Texas for research and primary care, the largest recipient in Texas of National Institutes of Health research funding and home to the No. 1-ranked genetics department in the U.S. As part of the OAAA team, you will inspire donors and Baylor alumni to give through a variety of ways to advance the College's priorities across four mission areas: healthcare, education, research and community.
Reporting directly to the leader of the events program, the Senior Special Programs Associate plans and manages events and special programs at Baylor College of Medicine. This position also manages budgets for events and special programs under the leadership of the Director of Special Programs. Ensures events are carried out and executed smoothly. This position offers the flexibility of a hybrid work arrangement. In office days are Tuesdays and Thursdays with additional in person days required during events.
The internal title is Senior Special Programs Associate; the working title is Associate Director, Special Programs.
- Serves as an organizational liaison for all third-party fundraising events, providing promotional support and attending events.
- Works with gift officers and leadership to coordinate special donor cultivation events and meetings.
- Works with the Advancement Communications team and BCM marketing and communications Department on the production of all event materials, creative and engaging program development, and public relations.
- Adheres to established protocols, such as the Baylor College of Medicine’s gift acceptance policy. Ensures reporting requirements and are completed in a timely and accurate manner; utilize automated systems for tracking and reporting; record and manage donor/prospect and event data activity in the fundraising technology system.
- Facilitates all-volunteer event committees and manages all event volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Fundraising team experience, and marketing/communications/creative service experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience using project management software.
- Experience with fundraising donor management systems, preferably Blackbaud products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Needs to be adept at developing solutions for workflow delays.
- Proven experience developing schedules and timelines for projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
Executive Director Of Development (College Of Medicine), The Ohio State University, United States, 18 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Nov-23 Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations/Communications Staff/Administrative Internal Number: R90212 Position Overview The Executiv...
Research Technician Iii, Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 4 days ago
Summary The Dan L Duncan Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR) provides a learning environment at Baylor College of Medicine that integrates data from diverse domains including ...
Marketing And Communications Consultant (Faes), The Ohio State University, United States, 4 days ago
Details Posted: 28-Nov-23 Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations/Communications Staff/Administrative Internal Number: R93317 Position Overview Under the di...
Research Technician Iii Behavior Core, Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 13 days ago
Summary A highly motivated research technician is needed to play a critical role in supporting research projects in the neurobehavior core related to behavioral outcomes in rodent models. Immediat...
Research Technician I, Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 17 days ago
Summary We are seeking self-motivated individual to work in a laboratory focused on the underlying genetics and molecular mechanisms of brain tumor formation and progression using human tumor tiss...
Donor Relations Manager, University of Houston, United States, 3 days ago
Donor Relations Manager - (STA013720) Organization : H0030 Constituent Engagement Description Manages a comprehensive program to engage and recognize donors for their private support for the Unive...