The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
About the Department
Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment.
Chicago Booth is proud to claim:
-an unmatched faculty.
-degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents.
-a global body of nearly 54,000 accomplished alumni.
- strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities.
As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment.
For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
The Associate Director will be an integral member of the Center for Applied Artificial Intelligence (CAAI) team, working to ensure that a long-term strategy and diverse set of programs and events are planned and executed to successfully reach our mission. This role reports directly to the Center Director and is primarily responsible for developing and executing a cohesive programming strategy that serves a diverse set of audiences, including alumni, students, and the general public. The Center has an entrepreneurial culture, and the successful candidate for this role will be a self-directed and creative professional, who is excited by the potential for having a key role in defining the Center’s future offerings.
- Focuses on amplifying and extending the Center’s work through events and programs that enable students and alumni to explore many possibilities for engaging in AI and social science; supports students and alumni in their efforts to pursue careers in AI; and curates meaningful experiences for the University and broader community to understand the impact of AI and its role in the social sciences.
- Based on the high-level objectives that have been established, builds out a strategy and tactics for the Center’s programs and lead execution.
- Oversees development of a new program intended to engage alumni and students in the work of the Center, leading to cross-pollination between industry and research as well as new opportunities for career growth. In the immediate term, this involves working closely with the Center Director to outline the strategy of the program, develop metrics of success, and plan initial opportunities and experiences for alumni and students.
- Included in the portfolio of existing programs is the Center’s flagship academic program, the Machine Learning in Economics Summer Institute. This role is responsible for ensuring the continued success of this program and oversees support staff who will ensure high-quality execution.
- Develops metrics for measuring the success of new and existing programs and events.
- Supervises support staff, whose job responsibilities will include support and execution of some events.
- Uses in-depth knowledge and experience to recommend concepts for programming to leaders of various organizations and programs.
- Markets student activities programming throughout the year. Develops and implements protocols for evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- Master’s degree.
- A minimum five years of experience managing large-scale projects, developing programs and executing events.
- Experience working in higher education ecosystem.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including developing strategic plans against a vision and involving others in the execution.
- Experience managing staff.
- Demonstrated passion for and interest in the social impact and tech sectors.
- Excellent and professional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Build and lead teams from multiple organizations.
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with fellow staff members and to be part of a high-functioning team, as well as adapt to working with students, alumni, faculty, and senior university leaders.
- Proven ability to seek out, coordinate, and appropriately disseminate information.
- Travel between Hyde Park campus and downtown Chicago; occasional travel domestically or internationally.
- Flexibility to work late or start early for CAAI events, as well as attend events on weekends. Approximately one evening and/or one Saturday on a monthly basis, with more during MLESI in August.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Student Affairs & Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward .
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu . Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Assistant Vice President, Ard Communications, University of Chicago (UC), United States, 25 days ago
Details Posted: 10-May-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Administrative/Support Staff/Administrative Internal Number: JR21968 Location: Chicago, IL Job Descri...
Assistant Director, Student Programs, University of Chicago (UC), United States, 10 days ago
Details Posted: 25-May-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Staff/Administrative Internal Number: JR22205 Location: Chicago, IL Job De...
One Summer Chicago – Workforce Innovation, City Colleges of Chicago, United States, about 3 hours ago
To be considered, applicants must be a student enrolled at one of the 7 City Colleges and submit a One Summer Chicago online application. One Summer Chicago is an initiative that provides youth wi...
Assistant Director, Ard Human Resources, University of Chicago (UC), United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 12-May-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Human Resources Staff/Administrative Internal Number: JR21913 Location: Chicago, IL Job Description: ...
Program Administrator, University of Chicago (UC), United States, 25 days ago
Details Posted: 10-May-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Staff/Administrative Internal Number: JR21886 Location: Chicago, IL Job De...
Associate Director, Gift Planning, University of Chicago (UC), United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 12-May-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Staff/Administrative Internal Number: JR21907 Location: Chicago, IL Job De...