Available Title(s):1503-NN_ADMINPRO - Psychologist
Business Title:Associate Director of Counseling Services
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
Summary of Duties:
This position serves as the senior mental health professional and is responsible for building and implementing a comprehensive mental health program for the Spokane and Yakima campuses and serving on the Student Care Team. This position also directs and supervises the daily duties and functions of the Yakima and Spokane counselors and will provide counseling, evaluation, and referrals for a diverse, professional student population.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Counseling Services: 45%
- Provide individual and group counseling sessions.
- Conduct evaluations and provide short-term individual counseling for undergraduate, graduates and professional students.
- Provide intakes and crisis management.
- Consult with other counseling center counselors about cases and other issues concerning provided services.
- Make referrals to off-campus therapists, clinics, psychiatrists, or hospitals when appropriate.
- Serve on campus Student Care Team.
- Determining disability and writing letters of support for students seeking accommodations.
Program Management: 30%
- Develop, supervise and implement comprehensive mental health and wellness program for Spokane & Yakima students. Occasional travel to Yakima is required.
- Provide advocacy to victims of sexual violence.
- Develop relationships and provide outreach to campus and community partners. Serve as liaison to community agencies.
- Provide educational programming and training to students, faculty and staff.
- Serve as a chair of the campus Coordinated Community Response team.
- Coordinate strategic planning related to violence prevention.
Counseling Center Management: 20%
- Responsible for care, management, and retention of counseling records database. Maintain and secure clinical records in accordance with FERPA and/or HIPAA regulations. Ensure staff is trained on secure records management best practices.
- Recruits, recommends for hire, trains, supervises, initiates corrective action, and evaluates staff.
- Directs and supervises full-time and part-time counselors. Hold case management meetings.
- Supervision of psychiatry residents.
- Consults with the Colleges to address students of concern.
- Serve on WSU system-wide mental health initiatives and committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in Student Affairs and other university committees.
- Member of Student Success Center staff.
Required Qualifications: A doctoral degree in Psychology, or equivalent including completion of pre-doctoral internship.
- Licensed Psychologist in Washington State
- Demonstrated counseling/clinical experience with a university population or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in providing crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated experience working in the areas of sexual assault, relationship violence, gender and sexuality.
- Experience with “high risk” difficulties (e.g. suicide, eating disorders, substance abuse, PTSD).
- Demonstrated experience with public speaking and the development of written training materials.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other campus locations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours, on occasion.
- Experience administering psychological testing.
- Prior experience supervising and/or leading a team.
Area/College: WSU Spokane
Department Name: Student Affairs, Student Success Center
City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA, 99202
Department Link: https://spokane.wsu.edu/studentaffairs/successcenter/
Monthly Salary: $6,012.09 to $7,707.80; commensurate with qualifications and experience
In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position. Successful candidates typically begin up to mid-point of the salary range. For more information regarding Administrative Professional (AP) Compensation at Washington State University (WSU), please visit the following website: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/classification-compensation/ap-compensation-structure/ .
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for AP staff visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-Benefit-Overview-for-Faculty-and-AP.pdf . Find total compensation information here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/ .
This is a permanent position.
Screening Begin Date: March 30, 2023; open until filled
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Applicants must upload the following documents to their online application.
- Resume (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
External candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of your application. Internal candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/Cover Letter” section of your application.
Documents may be submitted in one file or separate files. Applicants are encouraged to upload as a PDF if possible. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants will be requested to provide contact information for professional references within the online application.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Campus Registrar, Washington State University, United States, 28 days ago
Details Posted: 13-May-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 4184152 Campus Registrar Available T...
Cafru Project Associate Specialist, Washington State University, United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 17-May-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Human Resources Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4191901 CAFRU Project Associate Specialist Av...
Pre Clerkship Coordinator, Spokane, Washington State University, United States, 28 days ago
Details Posted: 13-May-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 4184145 Pre-Clerkship Coordinator, S...
Hvac Control Technician, Washington State University, United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 25-May-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Facilities//Maintenance/Trades Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4214878 HVAC Control Technicia...
Operations Manager Caar, Eastern Washington University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Operations Manager - CAAR Posting Number 2023046EP Position Information Classification Title Operations Mgr-DE & Summ Sess Working Title Operations M...
Lecturer School Of Education, Eastern Washington University, United States, 5 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Working Title Lecturer - School of Education Posting Number 2023010FP Position Information Classification Title Lecturer Classification Code 8209 RCW Exemption Crit...