Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Division of Advancement and Alumni Engagement utilizes resources and technology for the purpose of soliciting alumni, donor engagement, donor research, and stewardship throughout Emory University and Health Systems. Our mission is to inspire and steward meaningful, lasting relationships that elevate engagement and giving to fulfill Emory’s mission to serve humanity.
The University Marketing and Donor Participation team engages in broad, multi-channel campaigns for all of Emory University's constituents, to include direct mail, email, targeted ads and telephone. They manage and promote peer-to-peer fundraising tools such as crowdfunding, give day programs, and donor prospect lists. This position engages directly with volunteer fundraisers through group presentations, committee work, and one-on-one coaching sessions. This position will report to the Director of Alumni and Constituent Giving.
- Determines goals, strategies, and target audience for engagement for a central Annual Alumni and Constituent Giving office.
- Manages a program that may include donor engagement, telefund, affinity or other giving programs.
- Manages relationships with donors through a portfolio.
- Develops narrative or design content for appeals and communications.
- Coordinates logistics for appeal distribution.
- Generates prospect referrals for leadership development, major gift, or planned giving pipeline.
- May develop/organize annual giving events.
- May engage volunteers for solicitation program.
- May supervise staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Associate Director may be required to:
- Participate in the strategic planning process and track progress toward achieving project goals for the department.
- Manage daily and weekly assignments for the student employees, providing guidance and training as needed.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
- Assess, create, and implement new or improved processes for department functions/initiatives.
- A bachelor's degree and three years' experience in higher education, advancement, fund raising, or non-profit, OR an equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Successful candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with ambiguity, and navigate a complex work environment.
- Ability to lead teams and work independently as well as collaboratively to achieve goals, with a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, mass email applications, database and project management software, calling technology, and CRM systems.
- Preference for candidates with prior experience working with faculty and staff at Emory or another university or college.
- Prior experience in advancement, fundraising, alumni engagement, non-profit, or university setting.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Development Officer, McGill University, Canada, 7 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Director Of Annual Giving, Harvard University, United States, about 20 hours ago
05-Jun-2023 Harvard Radcliffe Institute 62760BR Job Summary The Harvard Radcliffe Institute (HRI) seeks a strategic, creative, and collaborative Director of Annual Giving to oversee annual fund an...
Stewardship And Alumni Engagement Manager, Bellevue University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position Summary: The Stewardship and Alumni Engagement manager will be responsible for managing the overall strategy for alumni engagement, next generation business and annual giving. The strat...
Director Of Development, Harvard University, United States, 27 days ago
09-May-2023 University Administration 62497BR Job Summary Reports to: Executive Director, Salata Institute for Climate and Sustainability (primary) and has a dotted-line reporting relationship wit...
Associate Vice President And Dean For Fas Development, Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Harvard University, United States, 28 days ago
08-May-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 62481BR Job Summary Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) comprises the University Development Office (UDO), Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) Developme...
Pbha Non Profit Management Fellow, Harvard University, United States, 22 days ago
12-May-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 62425BR Position Description Fundraising: Attends regular Resource Development Committee meetings Coordinates and plans, along with Fundraising staff and s...