Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Associate Director, MBA Career Center - Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business
Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business (MSB) develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today’s international business environment.
The McDonough School of Business, MBA Career Center is seeking a talented Associate Director, who will become a key member of the Career Management team responsible for developing career management strategies and counseling students on their careers. Additionally, the Associate will co-manage the employer relationships, and also assist with the design of engagement strategies for a group of employers within the Consulting industry. S/he contributes career advice and industry expertise to the development and delivery of value-added, client-focused career management services for the 550 full-time MBA students and 380 evening MBA students.
Reporting to a Director, the Associate Director has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
Leadership & Strategy
- Provide career management and recruiting guidance to students and employers, respectively.
- Develop a value-added, career management delivery strategy that ensures that all services are value added and client focused for the employers and the full-time/part-time students.
- Assist with the leadership, coaching and development of the Industry Team members.
- Assess the trends, feedback, surveys and other data to determine which industries and functions GU should be aligned with and therefore establish or expand employer relationships that will support the students’ career goals.
Employer Relations & Recruiting
- Leads the development and execution of innovative marketing strategies that will strengthen, sustain and/or broaden relationships with employers.
- Responsible for acquiring new employer relationships and look for opportunities to increase employment opportunities in international locations.
- Assist the employer with campus outreach to students, including company branding, interviews, internship and direct hire placement, and other employer needs.
- Responsible for facilitating introductions for corporate funding for career days and MSB events, as appropriate.
- Represent and promote Georgetown at external events, career fairs and professional conferences such as NBMBAA, NSHMBA, Reaching Out, Net Impact, etc.
Student Relations & Coaching
- Coach, advise and train students to develop a career vision and strategy.
- Guide and monitor the execution of the career tactics that support the student’s career goals.
- Provide coaching for students who have not yet determined an industry/function for their career path and assist them will selecting a career direction.
- Partner with key stakeholders, including students, student organizations, alumni, faculty, MSB advisory board and the Career Center & MBA teams, and leverage the key relationships in support of employer outreach and student development.
- Collaborate with other MBA areas, including admissions, student services, and alumni services as well as other relevant departments throughout GU.
Surveys, administrations and programming
- Partner with Career Center Development & Support to ensure the integrity, accuracy and timelines of data entered into and retrieved from the Career Management technology resources such as MVC, Canvas, etc. and manage a portion of the budget.
- Establish, track and report out on key metrics that will measure the effectiveness of the services provided by the team.
- Responsible for supporting the design of career management events/activities that support employer and student goals.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Industrial Psychology, HR, Higher Education, Counseling, or equivalent degree required. .
- Must have at least a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience/expertise in Consulting as well as functional experience in project management.
- Must have recruiting experience as a hiring manager, interviewer, or recruiting/HR professional.
- Experience with case interviews
- Experience and or strong knowledge of higher education is desired
- Experience within MBA recruiting process and management experience in a Human Resources environment.
- Extremely strong interpersonal communication abilities and strong team orientation required.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff on professional development and career skills.
- Strong attention to detail, high productivity and results-oriented work ethic, positive attitude, passion for relationship building and people development, bias for action and taking ownership of tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite, understanding of general recruiting databases and budgeting experience are preferred.
- Highly organized and creative. High level of flexibility and innovation
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Assistant Director, Student Engagement, University of Maryland, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 125604 Title: Assistant Director Functional Title: Assistant Director, Student Engagement Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Categ...
Museum Collections Manager And Registrar, Harvard University, United States, 17 days ago
30-Jan-2020 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 51643BR Job Code 388056 Museum Professional Job-Specific Responsibilities Negotiates loans and prepares loan letters and agreement forms Handles relevant l...
Museum Collections Manager And Registrar, Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences, United States, 20 days ago
Negotiates loans and prepares loan letters and agreement forms Handles relevant loan arrangements (insurance, logistics of packing and shipping, condition reports, transportation, courier arrangem...
Career Outreach Strategist, University of Maryland, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 104212120 Title: Faculty Specialist Functional Title: Career Outreach Strategist Category Status: 15-Fac.Non-Tenured,Continuing Con Applicant Searc...
Program Manager, University of Maryland, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 112493 Title: Program Manager Functional Title: Program Manager Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Category: Staff University Auth...
Associate Director, Business For A Better World, George Mason University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Department School of Business Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check No State...