Associate Director, Identity and Access Management
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to delivering service and technological solutions in support of teaching, learning, research and administration. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused, and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment, we are looking for you!
Reporting to the Director, Identity and Access Management Services, this position leads key projects, oversees governance, and serves as the Service Owner and/or Service Offering Owner for one or more IAM services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees daily management of the functional and technical product teams responsible for HarvardKey Light
- Collaborates with the Director and IAM leadership team on organizational priorities and long-range departmental planning
- Manages strategic projects including development of polices and processes and implementation of new systems and services
- Oversees IAM governance groups
- As Service Owner:
- Directs strategy and portfolio management, defines the service roadmap, prioritizes initiatives, negotiates with partners and vendors, and authorizes the release of new capabilities
- Drives the service strategy, ensuring alignment of team to goals and adequacy of resources
- Manages staff development with clearly defined performance measurement goals and consistent feedback using the HUIT performance management process
- Promotes best practices and methodology, including Agile and ITIL, and fosters ongoing improvements to team processes
Typical Core Duties
- Responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
- Responsible for project discovery
- Oversee a portfolio of projects, ensuring resources, capacity and dependencies are managed for successful delivery
- Occasionally expected to lead a project as a project manager
- Identify, track, monitor and communicate project-related benefits, issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of IT projects, and that cannot be resolved by project team
- Facilitate defining solutions with the appropriate stakeholders/customers
- Design, develop and monitor effective processes and systems for projects
- Evaluate and assess metrics and project/program effectiveness
- Serve as a key resource for policies and procedures; may provide training to clients and staff
- Leverage steering and executive committees for decision-making, change management, and communications
- Collaborate with University-wide leadership to continuously improve processes, policies and procedures
- Apply Harvard University’s IT technical standards and best practices
- Strong motivation to understand user needs
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT Code of Conduct
- Minimum of seven years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
The following Additional Qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, you are still encouraged to apply; we value employees with a willingness to learn.
- Organized, flexible and able to manage multiple challenging projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work setting
- Demonstrated skill in fostering strong, collaborative relationships throughout all levels of the University
- Demonstrated ability to establish strategy and objectives, set clear expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct responsibility/control and to bring groups to consensus
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Skills and attitude that support an Agile working environment
Certificates and Licenses
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy Project Management Foundations course (or external equivalent) preferred
- PMP or other relevant certification and experience preferred, e.g., Scrum Master
Interview and onboarding activity for this position may be conducted via telephone & Zoom video conferencing, based on the department’s current presence on campus.
If you accept our offer and join the team, your position will be based on our campus in Cambridge, MA. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will begin your work remotely. The remote nature of this job is only temporary, and all remote work must be performed within the United States. We currently expect that you will work remotely until Fall, 2021. Once the University and your supervisor determine that it is appropriate, you will be required to move your work location to the Cambridge campus or a state in which Harvard is registered as an employer as a condition of continued employment.
Harvard University Information Technology is currently developing hybrid workplace models which actively support remote work (within a Harvard registered state) where business and team needs allow. Any remote scheduling of your work, agreed to by your supervisor, will need to be in a state in which Harvard is registered as an employer as a condition of continued employment. Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will may discussed during the interview process.
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University’s COVID-19 Vaccine Information webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ .
Harvard continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff and students, as well as the wider community. Information and details can be found via Harvard’s Coronavirus Workplace Policies website: https://hr.harvard.edu/corona-virus-workplace-policies .
Please provide a cover letter with your application and upload as one document.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
- We are unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University. Our mission is to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT. We strive to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn and work through the effective use of information technology.
HUIT’s core values are:
IT Academy (designed for IT Staff):
HUIT’s IT Academy aims to enable each IT staff person to grow professionally and become a trusted partner to her or his team. The IT Academy is built on the belief that every IT staff member across the University (including technology employees at each school and campus) can grow in her or his area of expertise as well as building strong people and project management skills. Learn more here: https://itacademy.harvard.edu/
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
Harvard's commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is rooted in our belief in drawing on the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity. Our community strives to uphold these beliefs by honoring the rights, differences, and dignity of others and embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. Harvard aims to foster a campus culture where everyone can thrive, a key to which is ensuring that we each experience a sense of inclusion and belonging.
Harvard’s Total Rewards Program is designed to attract, retain, and reward the performance of talented employees. As a Harvard staff member, you enjoy many perks that come with working for one of the top employers in Massachusetts, including:
Flexible work environment: HUIT supports flexible work arrangements where business needs allow.
Time off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Harvard University Employees Credit Union: Our employees credit union provides a complete line of services for all your financial needs. https://huecu.org
Transportation: 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: A variety of programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Learn more: https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards
Harvard University IT plays an important role in supporting Harvard's commitment by seeking to create, procure and deploy technologies that are accessible to all, including and especially those who live with disability. Harvard welcomes individuals with disabilities to apply for positions and participate in its programs and activities. If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact our University Disability Resources Department.
USA - MA - Cambridge
I0059M IT Project Management V
Technology Partner Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preceptor In Physics, Department of Physics, United States, 12 days ago
Position ID:Harvard -Department of Physics -PRECEPTOR2201 [#19932] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, United States [map ] Su...
Tenure Track Professor In Cryosphere Studies, Harvard University, Earth and Planetary Sciences, United States, 12 days ago
The Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences (EPS) invites applications for an open faculty position in any area of cryosphere studies, including the development and application of observational p...
Multimedia Support Specialist Tufts Technology Services , Tufts, United States, about 2 hours ago
Multimedia Support Specialist - Tufts Technology Services - (21001824) Description This position is located on our Boston Campus with hours of 11:00 am to 8:00 pm Department Summary: Tufts Techno...
Assistant Professor Of Innovation And Operations Management, Babson College, United States, about 22 hours ago
BABSON COLLEGE invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position as Assistant Professor of Innovation and Operations Management beginning in fall 2022. While our expectation is to appoin...
Director Of Student Health Services Student Aff..., Bunker Hill Community College, United States, about 14 hours ago
About Bunker Hill Community College: Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, an...
Educational Technology Specialist Tufts Technology Services , Tufts, United States, about 1 hour ago
Educational Technology Specialist - Tufts Technology Services - (21001823) Description Department Summary: Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to d...