The Center for Career Development is seeking a communications professional to work on projects to raise the department's visibility and recognition of it's mission, offerings and accomplishments. The Center for Career Development supports all undergraduate and graduate students at Princeton, empowering them to develop the insights, experience and connections to pursue personally meaningful careers throughout their lives.
Reporting to the senior associate director of strategic communications and technology, this position is responsible for creating and managing content across multiple platforms including social media and web; coordinating program calendars and website maintenance projects; writing, editing and proofreading; and assisting in the creation of multimedia projects. This role will collaborate with colleagues within the department and across the University, as well as students, alumni and employers in carrying out communications plans.
Communications & Marketing
• Implement communication and marketing strategies that effectively convey the mission, priorities and accomplishments of the center to both internal (students, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, trustees) and external audiences (alumni, employers, the media) as well as broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact.
• Write content for and update to departmental and career exploration websites
• Contribute to and execute promotional strategies for events, programs and offerings
• Create professional and visually appealing marketing and communications materials designed to accurately reflect the mission of the department and the University
• Produce email campaigns
• Develop instructional/education materials in partnership with content area specialists
• Provide support for event planning and execution, including social media coverage
• Serve as first point of contact with print and promotional materials vendors, ensuring files meet technical requirements and proof/troubleshoot as needed to ensure job completion meets high standards
• Ensure Zoom recordings are captioned through on departmental video page
• Assist with creating and editing multimedia for use on web and social media
Assessment & Data Analysis
• Monitor analytics for websites, social media and email campaigns, developing performance reports and making recommendations for enhancements
• Contribute to preparation of departmental reports
• Hire and manage 2-3 student design and communication workers
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated evidence of strong writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- A passion for supporting undergraduate and graduate students and alumni and working within a student-focused and student responsive environment
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence/organizational savvy, and ability to see projects through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build effective relationships with partners across the organization and institution
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced experience content management systems (e.g., Drupal and WordPress), familiarity with video editing and animation design software, and social media management experience
- Comfort with change, ambiguity and risk in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proactive, able to work independently and still
****Please attach two writing samples with your application. Samples should be a maximum of two pages, and could include:
- Articles or contributions that appeared in the web or in print
- Blog posts
- Press releases
- A collection of social media posts created for work or an assignment
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Go to our careers site.
Public Relations Specialist I, Rutgers University, United States, 17 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Public Relations Specialist I Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department University Equity and Inclusion Overview Rutgers, The ...
Senior Edit/Media Specialist, Rutgers University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Senior Edit/Media Specialist Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department RUL Admin & Tech Svcs Overview Rutgers, The State Unive...
Public Relations Specialist I, Rutgers University, United States, 12 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Public Relations Specialist I Job Category Staff & Executive - Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations/Communications Department Controller-Student Accoun...
Training Support Specialist (Education & Prevention Coordinator), Rutgers University, United States, 11 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Training Support Specialist (Education & Prevention Coordinator) Job Category Staff & Executive - Education and Training Department Violence Prevention &...
Science Outreach Specialist , Rutgers University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Science Outreach Specialist Department SEBS-Dept Marine & Coastal Science Salary Annual Salary Posting Summary Responsible for professionally and clearly...
Associate Program Manager, Rutgers University, United States, 14 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Associate Program Manager Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department Institute for Families Overview The Institute for Families...