Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,484 full-time undergraduates and 5,250 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 888 full-time and 1,281 FTE faculty, 2,711 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.4 billion, and an endowment in excess of $3.5 billion.
The Advancement Communications and Marketing (ACM) team is seeking a resourceful and versatile marketing generalist to play a key role on a cross-functional team that serves the alumni relations and fundraising functions of Boston College. The Associate Director will wear many hats—designer, writer, project manager—and be an expert at juggling multiple projects at once and navigating rapidly changing priorities. They must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and a proactive problem-solver. The Associate Director will also play a lead role in the team’s operational excellence: solving inefficiencies before they’re even a problem, identifying opportunities for optimization, and helping ensure team members are able to adhere to best practices and processes.
The Associate Director will be an expert at independently managing their own print and digital marketing projects from start-to-finish with little oversight and an unrelenting attention to detail and quality. They should be confident in translating brand and editorial guidelines into clear and visually appealing marketing and communication deliverables. This individual is able to suss out important details from meetings, conversations, and emails to immediately figure out a path forward. They will be incredibly resourceful, knowing where to get information and how to navigate the ins-and-outs of a complex organization.
The Associate Director reports to the Director of Advancement Communications and Marketing and works across all areas within ACM.
- Work independently with general supervision; exercise judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action; proactively present solutions to potential obstacles
- Provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals, support employees, and/or student workers/interns
- Play a lead role coordinating, updating, and building Advancement’s intranet resources
- Generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and demonstrate strong communications and customer relations skills
- Compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Draft written content for internal communications and facility review/approval where necessary
- Maintain knowledge of creative directions, design best practices, and project coordination
- Design marketing deliverables for various platforms using Canva and Creative Suite , and oversee the production of those deliverables
- Manage, coordinate, and complete project deliverables/tactics to meet deadlines
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, gathering specifications/requirements, coordinating content, tracking progress of project, approvals, timelines, and budget
- Organize and optimize the department’s digital file storage and asset management platforms (Google, network, DAMS, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date and organized files for all stages from concepts to completed pieces
- Assist in managing production vendors
- Ensure department’s monthly p-card reconciliations are accurate; establish a system for easily tracking invoices and expenses
- Manage departmental budget by regularly reviewing and verifying information
- Coordinate accounts and vendors for the team
- Other duties as assigned
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $68,100 to $85,150; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
This position requires the following:
- At least five years of professional experience, preferably in a marketing or communications capacity
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of marketing principles and processes
- True problem solver—able to anticipate roadblocks and offer creative solutions
- Highly detail-oriented while managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence
- Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a range of personalities and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple issues with a capacity to prioritize responsibilities and manage to deadlines
•Strong interpersonal, communication (including good writing and proofreading skills), diplomacy, and organizational skills
- Proactive and independent approach to work; team player with a strong sense of ownership needed
- Demonstrated ability to focus on details with accuracy
Requires a bachelor’s degree. Candidates should be highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment that will require some night and evening work.
Must be a team player who is highly motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing higher education and have an appreciation for Jesuit Catholic education and the goals and values of Boston College.
The office of University Advancement supports the mission of Boston College by promoting a culture of inclusion that values each individual. Our recruiting practices support that commitment to build diverse teams reflecting our community; students, alumni, parents and friends of Boston College.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity .
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination .
Senior Associate Director, Law School Annual Giving, Boston College, United States, 4 days ago
Details Posted: 03-Dec-23 Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 8360 Boston College Introduction Founded in 1863, Bo...
Staff Accountant / Sr. Staff Accountant, Boston College, United States, 8 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 8354 Boston College Introduction Founded in 1863, Bo...
Associate Professor Of The Practice Of Administrative Sciences, Finance, Metropolitan College (23599932380816), Boston University, United States, 23 days ago
Boston University’s Metropolitan College seeks a dynamic and creative faculty member with expertise in finance to join its nationally recognized Department of Administrative Sciences (https://www....
Associate Professor Of The Practice Of Administrative Sciences, Metropolitan College (23599932390816), Boston University, United States, 23 days ago
Boston University’s Metropolitan College seeks two dynamic and creative faculty members with expertise in business analytics to join its nationally recognized Department of Administrative Sciences...
Admissions Specialist, School Of Law, Jd Admissions (23500444301128), Boston University, United States, 8 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Admissions Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4823239 ADMISSIONS SPECIALIST, School of Law, JD...
Marketing Operations Manager, Wbur (23500603920907), Boston University, United States, 7 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Communications/Journalism Internal Number: 4827342 MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER,...