Under the broad direction of the Dean of Admissions, the Associate Dean will oversee domestic undergraduate and graduate admissions recruitment for both college and conservatory, and will execute on approved recruitment strategies designed to meet institutional enrollment objectives at the college and conservatory. This position will play a key role in directing both the admissions recruitment and business strategy for graduate and undergraduate programs at Berklee. The Associate Dean oversees the management and administration of the admissions recruitment budget and aligns annual and long-term Audition & Interview (A&I) planning to meet market demand while maximizing efficiency and budget spend. Works to continually refine recruitment strategy to ensure increased student quality, outstanding retention, and ability of students to thrive in specific degree programs and in their chosen profession. The Associate Dean will work closely with the Dean of Admissions, Vice President for Enrollment, and the recruitment leadership group to envision, plan, and execute on recruitment strategies and will play a key role in shaping Berklee’s incoming classes through their participation on Berklee’s Board of Admissions. Successful applicants will be data driven with an expert knowledge of recruitment best practices. Travel, weekend and evening work required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee domestic undergraduate and graduate admissions and recruiting processes and procedures;
- Supervise a full-time admissions staff of three Assistant Directors of Recruitment for Boston Conservatory at Berklee and one Associate Director of Admissions at Berklee College.
- Partners with the AVP for global enrollment initiatives and the Assistant Deans of Admissions in managing the recruitment teams and meeting enrollment goals for Berklee graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Serve as a key member of the enrollment management team in implementing an enrollment management plan that supports the mission and goals across the institution.
- Under the direction of the Dean of Admissions, will implement a strategic recruitment plan that is informed by an analysis of market and enrollment trends;
- Under the direction of the Dean of Admissions, collaborates with administrative and academic colleagues to set and meet enrollment goals;
- Work collaboratively with Admissions Management Team to set, plan for and meet Admissions recruitment goals and objectives, through the use of on and off campus and virtual events.
- Participate in interviewing prospective students.
- Works closely with the Dean to support the realization of recruitment strategies targeting specific target cohorts.
- Works closely with the Dean to manage on-going development of training programs for recruitment faculty and staff.
- Manages the ongoing outreach to academic division deans, and instrumental and major department chairs to ensure accurate representation of curriculum by staff
- Manages ongoing review and improvement of customer service standards vis-a-vis counseling and case-load management
- Represents Admissions at various pan-college committees as determined by the Dean.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- An undergraduate degree is required. A minimum of seven years of progressive experience in admissions and higher education management or equivalent.
- A demonstrated record of successful management experience, including process development, implementation and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships resulting in superior customer service.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); ability to work effectively with a diverse client base; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and supervise a team of talented recruitment professionals.
- A strong knowledge of current technology, including use of CRM systems and experience in data-driven decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills including strong analytical skills/judgment.
- A collaborative approach to decision-making with an approachable and personable style.
- Performing arts background and knowledge required.
- A high degree of professional maturity, creativity and energy required.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, ETC. (Responsible for on-call, 24 HR. coverage, etc.):
This position requires periodic late night and weekend work hours to accommodate staff training needs, recruitment efforts, and audition and interview travel.
This position oversees a staff of 4 who are responsible for providing an applicant experience that exceeds industry standards. This requires a high level of engagement to ensure they are motivated, supported and balance their time appropriately.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee :
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at hroperations@Berklee.edu or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*
Admissions Director, Texas A&M University System, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Admissions Director Agency Texas A&M University - San Antonio Department Vice President For Enrollment Management Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location San Antonio, Texas Job...
Program Manager, Student Recruitment & Eap, Texas A&M University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Program Manager, Student Recruitment & EAP Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Admissions - College Of Medicine Proposed Minimum Salary $4,180.17 monthly Job Loc...
Administrative Associate V, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Associate V Agency Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi Department College Of Liberal Arts Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Corpus Christi, Texas Job Typ...
Admissions Counselor Ii Rio Grande Valley, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Admissions Counselor II - Rio Grande Valley Agency Texas A&M University - Kingsville Department Outreach & Enrollment Support Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location W...
Military Admissions Counseling Advisor Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Military Admissions Counseling Advisor II Agency Texas A&M University Department Academic Affairs Recruiting Office Proposed Minimum Salary $3,333.34 monthly Job Location College Station...
Administrative Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Department Office Of The Commandant Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...