Job TitleAssociate Dean, Nursing (Academic Programs)
AgencyTexas A&M University - Corpus Christi
DepartmentCollege of Nursing and Health Sciences
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCorpus Christi, Texas
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a 12 month, full-time, tenure track position at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. The Associate Dean for Academic Programs serves as the chief academic officer of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences and is a key member of the Dean’s senior leadership team. The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure the highest quality of academic programs and student services
- Promote a student body that represents diversity and academic excellence
- Advance innovative pedagogy
- Foster an environment that endorses student achievement and support
- Provides leadership in curricula and program development, implementation, evaluation, and accreditation
- Provide strategic insight and assist the Dean in setting institutional goals
The successful candidate is expected to reside in the Corpus Christi, TX area and maintain a campus presence as part of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences faculty.
- Terminal degree in nursing or related field
- Current RN license in the State of Texas, or eligible for licensure in Texas
- Teaching experience across all levels of nursing programs (BS, MS, and DNP)
- Demonstrated record of research and publication in high-quality peer-reviewed journals
- Academic curricula and program development and evaluation experience
- Knowledge of academic program accreditation
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/index.html
To be considered for the position, all required documentation must be submitted.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed including a statement of teaching/research philosophy,
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses,
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts for graduate coursework.
The posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin immediately.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.