The Associate Dean for the Phoenix campus, in collaboration with the College of Nursing (CON) main Omaha campus administration, will provide leadership and oversight for effective administration of the Phoenix campus. Responsibilities will include directing Phoenix, AZ on-site activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, services, and program evaluation in accordance with policies and procedures of the College of Nursing. The Associate Dean will coordinate outreach efforts in the Phoenix community to facilitate the development of clinical agency relationships, secure clinical contracts, and oversee clinical placements.
The Associate Dean will collaborate with appropriate administrative personnel to plan for full- and part-time and specialty faculty hiring needs, will provide data and recommendations regarding budgetary needs, and administer and monitor budget allocated to the Phoenix campus. Responsibilities also include overseeing compilation of data required for accreditation and compliance with Arizona, or other, governmental/regulatory requirements.
Potential candidates are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with Creighton’s mission and founding principles http://www.creighton.edu/mission/.
1. Direct onsite activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, services and program evaluation in accordance with policies and procedures of Creighton College of Nursing.
2. Oversee student recruitment, local student services, clinical placements and/or other learning experiences, and housing needs.
3. Collaborate effectively with the alliance members and facilitate the program.
4. Coordinate instructional logistics/services and policies.
5. In cooperation with the Associate Dean for Academics, Assessment, and Accreditation, follows appropriate evaluation and assessment policies of the College of Nursing related to faculty and students, including overseeing compilation of data required by accreditation, governmental and regulatory bodies.
6. Assist with the faculty search process including, but not limited to, planning for full-part-time and special faculty hiring needs, collaborating with HR in the search for potential faculty applicants, constituting and orienting search committee members, conducting interviews, and making recommendations to the Dean regarding potential hires.
7. Assist the appropriate program chair with the performance evaluation of faculty member at a minimum annually to ensure standards are met.
8. Participate in activities related to governance of Creighton College of Nursing.
9. Enforce consistent application of Creighton College of Nursing policies.
10. Provide data and recommendations regarding budgetary needs and administer and monitor budget allocated to the Phoenix campus.
11. In cooperation with the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs plan, arrange, and coordinate procedures for pre registration and registration of Phoenix campus students.
12. In cooperation with the Assistant Dean for Students Affairs, ensure students meet appropriate clinical agency requirements such as criminal background checks, drug screenings, functional abilities and health requirements.
13. Teach with expectations as noted in the Board of Nursing rules and regulations.
14. Collaborate with all personnel of CU CON and other representatives of CU to assure quality for the program on the Phoenix campus.
1. Maintain program of research and scholarly activity consistent with College of Nursing standards for rank.
2. Participate individual or collaboratively in authoring grant proposals, scholarly presentations, and publications
1. Engage in local, state, national and international professional service activities
2. Engage in additional responsibilities and committee service as requested by the Dean
1. The Associate Dean performance evaluation is conducted every three years by the College of Nursing Faculty.
2. Results of the Associate Dean performance evaluation are included by the Dean in the annual (biennial for tenured faculty) faculty evaluation, and for consideration for continued appointment as Associate Dean.
Appointment & Designation of Rank:
Appointment is recommended to the Provost by the Dean.
This position is a full-time 12-month opportunity. Depending upon College of Nursing needs position may require working outside of normal business hours and traveling less than 25%. Applications accepted until filled.
Creighton University is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Creighton University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program in Nebraska has been approved by the Nebraska State Board of Nursing.
Creighton University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program in Arizona has been approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
Candidates are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with Creighton’s mission and founding principles and review the Faculty Handbook at:
1. Earned doctorate in nursing or another related field
2. 8 years of work experience in administration in progressively more responsible positions; Experience in an academic setting highly preferred.
3. A commitment to the Mission of Creighton University and the College of Nursing.
4. Current unencumbered licensure to practice in Arizona.
5. Successful undergraduate and graduate teaching experience and previous administrative experience recommended.
6. High Proficiency in the MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with multiple and diverse constituencies;
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources;
Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects;
Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems;
Outstanding organization, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize multiple tasks, manage projects, and work independently without close supervision;
Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
Skilled in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things;
Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
Strong collaborative/teamwork ability to motivate, and inspire staff at all levels of the organization;
Demonstrated experience with strategic and analytical thinking and planning;
Experience with planning, forecasting and fiscal management;
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex plans coordinated with multiple constituencies;
Demonstrated experience developing/preparing reports and drafting complex correspondence. Impeccable attention to detail;
Experience handling confidential information, must have a track record of discretion in addressing confidential matters and sensitive situations;
Ability to remain flexible, optimistic, and effective in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
Demonstrated commitment to customer service and the ability to create a welcoming, inclusive, positive work environment for people from a variety of backgrounds and communities.
Ability to manage, supervise, and develop professional staff;
Mission and Service oriented
Experience in teaching at a baccalaureate or higher degree level in nursing
Reporting Relationship: Dean, College of Nursing
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 15 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Travel: Yes (less than 25%)
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Associate Dean For Student Affairs (Assistant, Associate Or Full Professor, Nte) (Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Associate Dean for Student Affairs (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, NTE) (Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req3706 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Assoc...
Medical Education Program Professional I, Standardized Patient Trainer (Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Medical Education Program Professional I, Standardized Patient Trainer (Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req3724 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Medical Educati...
Academic Programs Officer Ii, Pipeline Admissions Programs (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Academic Programs Officer II, Pipeline Admissions Programs (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req3726 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Academi...
Clinical Placement Coordinator College Of Nursing (Phoenix, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 8 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Clinical Placement Coordinator - College of Nursing (Phoenix, AZ) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req3792 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Clinical Placement Coordinator...
Health Education And Promotion Professional I (Phoenix, Az) (Temporary), The University of Arizona, United States, 13 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Health Education and Promotion Professional I (Phoenix, AZ) (Temporary) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req3793 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Health Education and Pro...
Clinical Research Coordinator Iii, Obstetrics & Gynecology (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Clinical Research Coordinator III, Obstetrics & Gynecology (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req3720 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Clinica...