Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment in University facilities. Learn to provide custodial services for the University in areas such as: classrooms, offices, research labs, and public spaces. Develop relationships with building occupants and respond to requests. Provide building access by locking and unlocking areas as scheduled by the department. Required to respond to campus crises situations to enhance public safety and minimize infrastructure damage.
- Must complete onboarding training, or be enrolled in program within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English to effectively communicate and understand others
- Basic math skills and good work organization
- Ability to learn and use powered and non-powered floor care equipment
- Must be able to work well with others and work in a team environment
- Learn and follow safety procedures; includes the wearing personal protective equipment as required
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally required
- Work outdoors 10% of the time in temperatures below 32 degrees and above 90 degrees
- One year of general work experience
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- The hours for this position are Monday through Friday; from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. OR 5:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- This position may require mandatory overtime to support the business need
- This position is considered “essential personnel” in support of campus operations
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Part Time Biotechnology Lab Intern, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 7 hours ago
Responsibilities include compliance with all safety and laboratory procedures; scientific literature review to understand background and current research relevant to project; meet goals of project...
Proctor Assessment Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 7 hours ago
Provide general college information about services. Administer certification and academic exams through the Center. Schedule appointments for exams including determining candidate eligibility and ...