|Job Title||Associate Chair for Mechanical Engineering|
Angelo State University is seeking a dynamic and energetic mechanical engineering Associate Department Chair to join our team in the growing David L. Hirschfeld Department of Engineering. Angelo State is a teaching-focused, Hispanic Serving Institution and member of the Texas Tech University System. The department hosts an existing program in civil engineering and is crafting our new mechanical engineering program approved to start in fall 2019.
The new mechanical engineering program will feature course offerings that build from a common core of engineering courses shared with the existing civil engineering program. Currently, the civil engineering program has 203 majors and will graduate its first class of students in December 2018. The successful candidate will play a leadership role under a Department of Education funded grant to develop a mechanical engineering curriculum which is culturally responsive to our diverse student population. We expect to seek ABET accreditation for the mechanical engineering program in 2020. The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively to build a practice-oriented, integrated, broad-based mechanical engineering curriculum, and actively lead the ABET accreditation process.
This is a full-time tenured nine-month, Associate Professor position.
|Typical Duties/Job Duties||
1. Lead the development of a culturally responsive, integrated, practice oriented mechanical engineering curriculum.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
- Knowledge of undergraduate education, coursework, and challenges, and how they fit within the broader mechanical engineering curriculum.
- Earned doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Experience in course and curriculum development
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Desired Start Date||08/01/2019|
|Review Start Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
1. Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and should discuss the potential to lead development of the mechanical engineering program.
2. In the Curriculum Vitae, applicant should include relevant teaching and course development of junior- and senior-level engineering courses as well as ABET accreditation experience.
3. The Teaching Philosophy should be no longer than 2 pages and include a discussion on creating active and innovative student learning environments and on the effective use of technology in their teaching.
4. The required Other Document should be no longer than 2 pages and should discuss 1) applicant’s leadership skills and 2) how applicant would help achieve Angelo State University’s goal to attract, retain, and graduate more women, Hispanics, and students from other underrepresented groups.
|Required Number of References|
Post Doc In Micromechanical Design, EPFL, Switzerland, about 21 hours ago
The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people suppor...
Research Associate In Chemical Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Location AE Organization Name Chemical Engineering About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Kh...
Post Doc: Multiphase Computational Fluid Dynamics (Tnwbt19 004), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
PostDoc: Multiphase Computational Fluid Dynamics Department/faculty: Faculty Applied Sciences Level: Doctorate Working hours: 38.0 hours weekly Contract: 2 years Salary: 3255 - 4274 euros monthly ...
Postdoc Position In Design To Manage Interconnected Infrastructures (Ci Tg19.03), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Postdoc Position In Design To Manage Interconnected Infrastructures Department/faculty: Faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: Doctorate Working hours: 36-40 hours weekly Contract: <empt...
Senior Biomedical Or Bioengineering Research & Teaching Positions (Second Call) (# Of Pos: 4), Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Spain, 25 days ago
This is a second call for a job offer already published at this website some weeks ago: The Department of Basic Sciences has begun a recruitment and selection process to hire teaching and research...
Doctoral Student In Information Security (Pa2019/170), University of Lund, Sweden, about 8 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are...