About Alabama A&M University :
Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in northern Alabama, invites applications for the positions listed below. Situated in the northeast quadrant of the city of 200,000, the hillside campus is just four miles away from downtown Huntsville. AAMU offers its 5,500-student population a wide range of course offerings under the College of Agriculture, Life and Natural Sciences; College of Business and Public Affairs; College of Education, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences and College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Sciences. The School of Graduate Studies serves about 1,400 and offers doctoral degree programs in Applied Physics, Food Science, Plant/Soil Science and Reading/Literacy.
The position will be responsible for developing a nationally recognized research and teaching program on geospatial analysis, modeling, and use of remote sensing in natural resource management. This position is a 9-month faculty position with 50% research, 40% teaching and 10% services responsibilities. The rank and tenure-status of position is negotiable based on qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate courses in geospatial analysis (remote sensing/GIS/GPS, 2)
- Teach graduate courses in advanced geospatial analysis, quantitative ecological assessments in natural resources using remote sensing and modeling, or a related area.
- Serve as advisor to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Lead and be a part of a nationally recognized, externally funded interdisciplinary research program that advances knowledge about geospatial analysis, remote sensing, and landscape ecology.
- Working collaboratively with other faculty members and representatives of private, governmental, and non-governmental organizations.
- Publish in leading refereed journals and successfully obtain extramural funding.
- Purse informal extension and public service activities, such as interacting with Cooperative Extension staff and government agency personnel.
- Serve on campus committees and professional organizations.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- An earned Ph.D.in a geospatial analysis and remote sensing (e.g., LiDAR, satellite imagery, and photogrammetry) as they apply to natural resource management, landscape ecology, earth sciences, or closely related field.
- Proficiency with spatial analysis (e.g., ArcGIS), image analysis (e.g., ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, and TerrSet) and statistical software.
- Teaching experience in GIS and remote sensing, and a demonstrated record establishing a strong record of extramural grant awards, refereed journal publications, and professional leadership at regional, national, or international meetings is preferred.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online
- Employment Application
- Application letter with specific information about disciplinary focus, professional activities and other information relevant to meeting position qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names, Addresses & Telephone numbers of three (3) references
- Copies of selected research publications and course teaching evaluations
- Copies of academic transcripts
- copies of selected research publications and course teaching evaluations (if applicable)
Already have an AAMU Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
If any questions regarding the position, please contact Dr. Wubishet Tadesse at email@example.com or 256-372-4252.
Nurse Practitioner (Family Or Adult Primary Np) Uab Medicine Hoover, University of Alabama at Birmingham, United States, 4 days ago
Position Description The CRNP shall perform clinical(diagnostic/therapeutic) functions and procedures as appropriate to the scope of preparation and specialty certification for which competency ha...
Event Distribution Electrician, Texas A&M University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Event Distribution Electrician Posting Title Event Distribution Electrician System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Departm...
Head, Education Library, University of British Columbia, Canada, 6 days ago
HEAD, EDUCATION LIBRARY UBC Library, Vancouver Campus (Full-time, ongoing General Librarian position with 5 year renewable Head term) Anticipated Start Date: January 2, 2018 UBC LIBRARY The Univer...
Research Scientist, Flathead Lake Biological Station, University of Montana, United States, about 8 hours ago
The Flathead Lake Biological Station invites applications for a Research Scientist to work under the supervision of a senior scholar to conduct highly collaborative research on the phylogenetics/g...
Academic Professional Track Faculty, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
A&M System Member : Texas A&M Engineering Division/Department : Nuclear Engineering Job Category : Faculty Job Type : Budgeted/Benefits - Location : College Station/Bryan Salary : Pay Basis : Job/...
] Multiple Assistant Professor Positions, , United States, 10 days ago
The Department of Statistics at Texas A&M University anticipates multiple Assistant Professor positions (tenure/tenure-track) to begin September 2018. Completion of all requirements for a PhD/DSc ...