Provide secretarial support to faculty members, laboratory coordinators, postdoctoral associates, laboratory technicians and students in an academic, research and scientific environment. Input, format, revise, store, etc., technical documents and database information. Prepare and copy reports, correspondence, manage faculty calendar, and reconcile travel documents, etc. Process incoming packages and mail daily.
- High school diploma / GED
- Two years of office clerical or secretarial experience
- Good oral and written communication including telephone etiquette skills, proofreading and grammatical editing
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer relations skills with the ability to interact with faculty, staff, students, and colleagues in a welcoming, service-oriented and supportive manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to efficiently multi task, prioritize workload, work under pressure, meet deadlines with attention to accuracy and details
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and maintaining confidential materials with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook ( PC and MacIntosh)
- University work experience
- Knowledge of University procedures related to purchasing, accounting and travel a plus
- Scanning, HTML, Learn, Web CT, E-mail, and Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe PageMaker and PhotoShop
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Office Assistant School Of Business, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 5 days ago
Serves as receptionist and first contact for the school. Provides assistance and information for student and faculty inquiries. Serve on and/or record minutes of various committees and task forces...
Workforce Alignment Consultant, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 9 days ago
Develop a deep understanding and appreciation of demand-driven needs and skills gaps within key economic sectors at the state and local levels for workforce alignment, development, and training an...
Part Time Office Assistant, School Of Public Affairs And Social Services, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 23 hours ago
Assist in coverage with the Office Assistant. Assist in maintaining student files, scheduling of student appointments with the student's Advisor, data and schedule input and reports. Performs othe...