Provide secretarial support to faculty members, laboratory coordinators, postdoctoral associates, laboratory technicians and students in an academic, research and scientific environment. Input, format, revise, store, etc., technical documents and database information. Prepare and copy reports, correspondence, manage faculty calendar, and reconcile travel documents, etc. Process incoming packages and mail daily.
- High school diploma / GED
- Two years of office clerical or secretarial experience
- Good oral and written communication including telephone etiquette skills, proofreading and grammatical editing
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer relations skills with the ability to interact with faculty, staff, students, and colleagues in a welcoming, service-oriented and supportive manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to efficiently multi task, prioritize workload, work under pressure, meet deadlines with attention to accuracy and details
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and maintaining confidential materials with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook ( PC and MacIntosh)
- University work experience
- Knowledge of University procedures related to purchasing, accounting and travel a plus
- Scanning, HTML, Learn, Web CT, E-mail, and Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe PageMaker and PhotoShop
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Part Time Office Assistant Career Development Office, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 18 hours ago
Greets students and employer representatives, and responds to inquiries, answers phone calls and email messages, and schedules appointments. Serves as back-up receptionist for the Academic Advisin...
Faculty Physics, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 18 hours ago
General Description of Position: Provide instruction (classes, labs, & clinicals) within specific programs; assist academic administrators with curriculum development, student advising, program en...
Adjunct Faculty Industrial Technology, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 18 hours ago
PROGRAM OPERATION: Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes. Work from statewide course syllabus for the course being taught to stude...
Academic Advisor, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 18 hours ago
Collaborate with academic deans, department chairs, and coordinators to continue to maintain a seamless college-wide academic advising system for students. Maintain and manage department resources...
Financial Aid Advisor, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 18 hours ago
Provide both individual and group counseling regarding availability of financial assistance, explain the application process and assist with the completing of applications. Process applications an...
Director Express Enrollment Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 18 hours ago
Provide oversite of the daily operations of Express Enrollment Center. Supervise Student Services Professionals and customer service activities. Cultivate a team-based atmosphere with the goal of ...