Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Assistant Volleyball Coach, Department of Athletics - Georgetown University
The Assistant Volleyball Coach recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA; carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission; and follows all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance. With general policy guidance from the Head Coach, they make decisions to successfully achieve department goals and objectives, and are accountable for the development of team policies and goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in practices and competitions, including but not limited to game preparation (including developing strategies and game plans), practice planning, skill and video sessions (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills), scouting opposing teams and players (including analyzing their strengths and weaknesses), scheduling, weight training and fitness programs
- Evaluate prospective student-athletes, analyze and determine their abilities and whether they may succeed athletically and academically at Georgetown
- Recommend or determine on which prospective student-athletes the team should focus its time and resources to recruit, and contact and recruit such prospects
- Carry out additional duties such as the monitoring of student-athlete academic performance; conducting, advising, and counseling student-athletes regarding performance and conduct; identifying and addressing student-athlete welfare issues; and representing the University in donor/alumni public relations and community programs
The Assistant Volleyball Coach reports to the Head Volleyball Coach, who in turn reports to the Director of Athletics (or designee).
There are approximately 50 Assistant Coaches (full-time, part-time and volunteer) who support all intercollegiate programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified - preferably at college or university [note : consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience]
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of volleyball
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes
- Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques. Ability to create a database for all prospects
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- General knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and insurability
- Proficiency with computer use and relevant Microsoft applications
- Willingness and availability to work weekends and evenings
Current First Aid/CPR certification
Work Mode: On Campus. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website .
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center .
Assistant Coach Women's Tennis (Full Time, Partial Year), Harvard University, United States, 28 days ago
23-Aug-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63561BR Job Summary Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the purpose of this position is to use athletics as a tool to educate college students. By us...
Assistant Track And Field Coach, Ave Maria University, United States, about 14 hours ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The primary duties are to assist in team coaching, teaching, training, individual student athlete skill development, and to prepare the team for competition. Other duties include,...
Assistant Coach Softball, Harvard University, United States, 28 days ago
23-Aug-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63562BR Job Summary Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the purpose of this position is to use athletics as a tool to educate college students. By us...
Assistant Coach Women's Lightweight Crew, Harvard University, United States, 24 days ago
29-Aug-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63654BR Job Summary Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the purpose of this position is to use athletics as a tool to educate college students. By us...
Assistant Coach Women's Ice Hockey, Harvard University, United States, 24 days ago
29-Aug-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63649BR Job Summary Under the direction of the Head Coach, the purpose of this position is to use athletics as a tool to educate college students. By using...
Transportation Coordinator/Driver, University of Alberta, Canada, about 21 hours ago
Date de clôture – le poste restera ouvert jusqu'à ce qu'il soit comblé / Closing Date – Will remain open until filled Type de position / Position Type – Full-time recurring term, September to Apri...