Assistant Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Office of the Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Exempt, Regular, Full-time
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an experienced finance professional to serve as Assistant Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, FP&A, the Assistant VP, FP&A will serve as a bridge between finance and operations and be responsible for the financial metrics within the business units of UMGC. They will serve as a key business partner to UMGC leadership to help drive the financial component of the operational plan. This Assistant VP FP&A will serve as an ethical and expert steward of the university's operational and financial resources. They will partner with decision makers in the development of strategic financial and operational models that identify initiatives centered on student success and engagement. A spirit of collegiality, camaraderie, and collaboration is also of significant importance in this highly visible position created to drive innovative and sustainable results for one of the largest online state universities operating on a global stage.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Creates and tracks operational KPIs tying to investment initiatives from inception to completion; provides readouts and coordinates and communicates information with internal customers and state agency representatives regarding financial and operational performance
- Represents the department on planning, budget, and finance committees and/or meetings
- Partners with and works throughout the Office of the SVP & COO including operations, finance/budget, and planning on important operational and strategic decisions; assumes the responsibility as liaison for these strategies and special tasks as assigned
- Provides high-level planning, oversight, and execution in the development of UMGC's Asking Budget; provides timely responses to follow-up questions from leadership and provides external support
- Leads, coaches, and supervises a team of budget, financial, and administrative staff members, balancing workloads as appropriate to meet overall departmental goals while fostering professional development of team members
- Provides leadership and support with the development of the annual plan
- Develops and communicates targets, coordinates a schedule, consolidates inputs, evaluates requests, and works with enterprise leadership to bring the plan together and meet financial objectives
- Montiors and reviews global enrollments, tuition/fee projections, general fund activity, and program/department/operational expenditures regularly to ensure adequate financial resource allocations
- Oversees and prepares monthly financial and operational reports with commentary on forecasted vs. actual monthly performance
- Prepares monthly reporting, in collaboration with the business units, identifying relevant forecasts and metrics to gauge performance; determines the impact of business drivers and formulates recommendations across the enterprise to meet and exceed goals
- Performs competitor and market analyses in support of developing tactical and strategic recommendations that help ensure the long-term viability of the business
- Reviews monthly results and provides analyses of variances along with explanations and recommended actions for continuous improvement
- Works with HelioCampus (our data analytics vendor partner) regarding budget, forecastiang, and ongoing operational tracking of KPIs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required education and experience: An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning; at least ten (10) years of progressive experience working in operational planning, budget, and/or financial analysis environments in higher education and/or education-related industries including at least five (5) years of supervisory/team leadership experience; demonstrated experience with financial and other quantitative data; proven ability to build and foster strategic relationships across global organizations; excellent communication skills including the proven ability to brief senior-level executives on nuanced information and data; as well as the demonstrated ability to manage vendor/client relationships.
Preferred education and experience: An earned Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning; experience using Workday, Tableau, Adaptive Insights in a higher education or educational technology environment; successful experience with complex customer advisory and interactions with both on-site clients and those working remotely; group facilitation skills with the ability to influence; outstanding interpersonal skills; self-motivated and results-oriented; a particular ease, finesse, and discernment that results from organizational and emotional intelligence; as well as a deep commitment to applying a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to all people, processes, and initiatives.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html .
Senior Manager, Decision Support, School Of Global Affairs And Public Policy, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 2 days ago
Reports to: Associate Dean for Administration and Undergraduate Studies Purpose: The job holder is responsible for leading the decision support function of the school by providing a detailed anal...
Financial Planning Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, about 22 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Vice Dean, Finance And Administration, Temple University, United States, 5 days ago
Vice Dean, Finance and Administration - (21003355) Description The Vice Dean for Finance and Administration reports to the Dean of the College of Public Health, the third largest college/school at...
Program Officer, McGill University, Canada, 4 days ago
* Please submit your Cover Letter and C.V. no later than October 21, 2021 by 11:59 pm. Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, administer accounts. Acts as resource pers...
Finance And Compliance Specialist, American Institutes for Research, Honduras, 1 day ago
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Crystal City, Virginia, AIR is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research on important ...
Director, Decision Support And Analysis, Arizona State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
72681BR Campus: Tempe Director, Decisn Spprt & Anlys Job Description The Office of Planning and Budget (OPB) is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team. OPB serves as a steward of resources ...