|Job Title:||Assistant to the Director of the School of Computer Sciences and Engineering|
|Campus:||Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ|
|Department:||School of Computer Sciences and Engineering- Metro|
|Hiring Manager:||Alfredo Tan|
|Hiring Manager Title:||Director, Gildart Haase School of Computer Sciences and Engineering|
|Position Type:||Professional Administrative|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Months Worked:||12 Month|
The Assistant to the Director of the School of Computer Sciences and Engineering serves as office manager and provides advanced and diversified administrative support. Responsibilities include communicating office policies, procedures and practices to students and university personnel; initiating, coordinating and monitoring record keeping and activities related to faculty, staff, students, and alumni; communicating with the School’s faculty and staff to ensure understanding and compliance with policies and procedures of the School and the university; budget maintenance and monitoring; confidential personnel matters; acting as liaison with all internal FDU departments; monitoring and researching non-academic issues or concerns; and supervising secretarial and student staff.
Additional responsibilities include: coordination of course scheduling and maintaining faculty and student records; maintaining archives of student course work as required by accrediting board; scheduling faculty advisement; and completing purchase requisitions for supplies and resource materials.
The incumbent is expected to work independently and collaboratively on day-to-day tasks and special short- and long-term projects, as assigned by the Director, and to assume a leadership role in carrying out such projects. This position reports to the Director of the School of Computer Sciences and Engineering.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A minimum of 2 years of administrative work experience, preferably in a multi-faceted, fast-paced work environment, including office management responsibilities and interfacing with multiple organizational units.
3. Experience in budget management with the ability to perform analysis of financial and budgetary data.
4. Experience and a high level of proficiency related to the following: use of diverse technologies for data processing, data analysis, and reporting; applications to tasks using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, graphics, on-line services, etc.; proficiency in current software programs (i.e., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Ellucian Colleague, etc.); ability to learn quickly and to train staff in various information processing modalities, as required.
5. Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills (including ability to communicate with diverse international population), problem-solving ability, and organizational skills. Well organized, independent, and collaborative in carrying out responsibilities. Pleasant and competent telephone manner.
6. Ability to manage sensitive issues with decorum and confidentiality.
7. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
|Application Types Accepted:||Application for Employment|
Business Manager, Columbia University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: Commensurate with experience. Position Summary Reporting to the Director of Academic Administration ...
Director Of Systems Operations And Student Information Management, New York University, United States, 4 days ago
The Director manages daily operations of the Office of Records and Registration, assists in developing and administering policies and procedures, and ensures accurate and timely dissemination of i...
Asst Dir, Budget&Fin Analysis, Columbia University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Position Summary The Assistant Director of Budget and Financial Analysis assists in the management of campus budge...
Army Emergency Relief Administrative Assistant Fort Drum, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 10 days ago
This position will serve as the Administrative Assistant for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County and will provide support to the Fort Drum Army Emergency Relief (AER) Pro...
Afterschool Coordinator Spencer Van Etten After School Program Elmira, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 14 hours ago
This position will serve as the Spencer-Van Etten School Program Coordinator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Chemung County in support of the 21st Century Community Learning Cente...
Cornell Cooperative Extension Of Essex County Executive Director Lewis, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 14 hours ago
**This position is for the Executive Director of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Essex County. This position will be located in the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Essex County office in Lewis, ...