Job TitleAssistant Sports Performance Coach
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
Texas A&M Athletics department is committed to building champions through academic achievement, athletic excellence, and national recognition of student-athletes, teams, and programs. We are a proud member of the Southeastern Conference, with more than 650 Texas A&M student-athletes competing at the NCAA Division 1-A level in 20 varsity sports .
What we want
The Assistant Sports Performance Coach is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring individualized speed, strength and conditioning programs to enhance overall athletic performance and minimize the risk of injury. This individual must possess the ability to coach both male and female student-athletes of various backgrounds and nationalities. Communicates with sport coaches and staff to ensure a well-planned and executed training environment for student-athletes. The selected candidates will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Travel required. Nights, weekends, and holidays as required to complete assigned duties.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology or related field
- One year full-time collegiate Strength and Conditioning coaching/ teaching/ programming experience
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) or
- SCCC (Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified) /MSCC (Master Strength & Conditioning Coach)
- CPR/AED + First Aid certifications
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of NCAA rules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs
- Ability to multi task and work cooperatively with others
Other Requirements or Other Factors
- Travel required. Nights, weekends, and holidays as required to complete assigned duties
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree
- Three years full-time collegiate Strength and Conditioning coaching/ teaching/ programming experience
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance
- Training - Designs integrated programs of strength training, conditioning, speed/agility, flexibility, plyometrics, rehabilitation, and reconditioning that will meet the needs of the individual student athlete. Organizes and implements the programs workouts in an efficient and safe manner, to ensure proper training effects for student-athletes. Designs and implements well-rounded, annual training program for various sports and activities. Oversees conditioning activities that are specific to the need of the athlete, as well as, meeting the demands of the sport. Communicates with sport coaches and performance team members (athletic training, sports nutrition, sports psychology, sports science, etc.).
- Data Analysis - Conducts performance testing and analyzes data in conjunction with Sports Science staff.
- Equipment - Maintains training equipment, insuring proper function and safety.
- Compliance - Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations. Establishes and ensures communication and enforcement of rules and regulations for all staff members and student workers supervised. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Postdoctoral Position In Modeling Of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Ndeffo Lab has a position available for a postdoctoral fellow, who will be based at the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Texas A&M University. The position focuses on ...
Research Assistant, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Computer Science & Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Desc...
Research Associate, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Industrial Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Administrative Associate Iv, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Associate IV Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Aerospace Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Desc...
Technical Assistant I, TAMHSC, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Technical Assistant I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary $9.79 hourly Job Location Bryan, Texas Jo...
Program Assistant, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Program Assistant Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mary Kay O'connor Process Safety Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...