Job TitleAssistant Research Scientist
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentVice Pres For Research
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who We Are
The Texas A&M Institute of Data Science (TAMIDS) pursues new approaches to data science research, education, operations, and partnerships. These approaches cross college boundaries to connect elements of Data Science from engineering, technology, science and the humanities, and inform wider social challenges. In partnership with over 200 research affiliates from across the Texas A&M University System, work being done by TAMIDS is shaping the future of Data Science research. To learn more, visit https://tamids.tamu.edu/ .
What We Want
TAMIDS is seeking an Assistant Research Scientist who will be responsible for operational and collaborative research programs. We are looking to hire a candidate who will support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. The successful candidate will have an appropriate PhD and relevant professional experience. We seek to hire a team player who will promote collaboration and cooperation while working within a team. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity to join our team.
What You Need To Know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- Appropriate PhD
- Relevant professional experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with common programming languages such as C, C++ and Python, and associated tools and libraries for Data Science
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Occasionally may be required to work outside of normal working hours and weekends
- May require some domestic travel
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD in field related to Data Science
- 3 years relevant professional experience using computational Data Science to solve problems in one or more domains
- Experience using Data Science in research, development, consultancy, or similar, in one or more domains within science, engineering, business or operations.
- Experience designing and/or delivering training in Data Science through courses, tutorials, webinars, or similar
- Experience in engagement with students through training, mentorship, hackathons or similar
- Experience developing proposals for funding in an area related to Data Science
- Experience in developing partnerships and collaborations
- Experience in project management and coordination
- Experience writing scientific, technical, and general-purpose documents
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Trainer certification in computation or Data Science, such as NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute, the Carpentries, or similar
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of common Data Science libraries in Python or R
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and modeling
- Knowledge of AI/ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Keras
- Knowledge of methods for real-world data wrangling and cleaning
- Familiarity with computational systems, tools and architectures such as Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with data management and databases
- Familiarity with design of web-based dashboards and user-interfaces
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds
- Research - Originates projects and collaborates in research in TAMIDS operational and collaborative research programs. Presents findings at conferences and through publications in proceedings and professional journals. Pursues external funding opportunities.
- Research Consulting and Operations - Provides technical leadership and expertise in TAMIDS programs that help users incorporate computational and analytic aspects of Data Science into research and education. Designs and develops software and tools that implement TAMIDS programs in research, education, training and outreach.
- Training and Mentorship - Provides training in computation and Data Science to TAMIDS users and partners. Mentors students participating in TAMIDS programs, research projects, and courses. Organizes student competitions and hackathons; mentors in student organized events. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Visiting Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, United States, 20 days ago
Texas A&M University, College of Science College of Science-Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship Fellows (ACES)-Academic Professional Track (Non-Tenure)-Visiting Assistant Professor Te...
Program Coordinator I Co Vpn Study, TAMHSC, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Program Coordinator I - CoVPN Study Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Epidemiology & Biostatisics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Sta...
Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, United States, 20 days ago
Texas A&M University, Department of Mathematics Tenure-Track: Assistant Professor Location: Texas A&M University, College Station,TX Position Type: Tenure-Track Position URL: apply.interfolio.com/...
Tenured/Tenure Track, Texas A&M University, United States, 20 days ago
Texas A&M University, Department of Mathematics Tenured/Tenure-Track: Open Rank Location: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX Position Type: Tenure Review Upon Hire Position URL: http://appl...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Epidemiology & Biostatistics Proposed Minimum Salary $20.00 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type ...
Web And Information Designer, TAMHSC, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title Web and Information Designer Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Academic Technology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staf...