Bureau of Child Research
The Research Design and Analysis Unit of the Life Span Institute at the University of Kansas seeks an Assistant Research Professor to provide statistical analysis and grant preparation expertise as a member of research teams. The LSI is one of the largest human development and intellectual disabilities research centers in the country and its mission is to find research-based solutions for the challenges of human and community development, disabilities, and aging.
35% Research Design and Statistical Activities : Provide statistical-analysis expertise as a PI or member of a research team associated with the Life Span Institute.
Specific statistical activities may include any of the following:
- Select appropriate statistical techniques.
- Assume full responsibility for the statistical analyses required for a particular study and document the analytic approach and results.
- Provide training in statistical methodology and data management strategies as appropriate for researchers and graduate students.
- Develop and conduct research on appropriate statistical techniques to be used with nonstandard research designs.
- Prepare statistical methods and results sections for manuscripts submitted for publication or for presentations for conferences or other professional meetings.
Serve as a PI or member of a research team associated with the Life Span Institute. Specific activities may include any of the following:
- Consult with research team in order to select appropriate research designs and statistical techniques.
- Perform power calculations and select appropriate sampling methods.
- Assist with preparation of research questions, methods, and analysis sections of grant proposals. Often this will include composing the research questions and writing the entire proposed methods and analysis plan.
- Prepare and submit grant applications related to methodological issues (i.e. statistics and research design).
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals, disseminate findings at appropriate conferences or professional meetings, and apply for grants as appropriate.
- Read and review published research on statistical methodologies/applications.
- Participate in the RDA study groups and working groups.
- Attend appropriate workshops and lectures on quantitative topics.
- Engage and participate in community, state, and national meetings.
- Consult with graduate and post-doctoral students on statistical techniques.
- Serve as a peer reviewer for journals as requested.
1. Doctoral degree in quantitative methods in Educational Research, Psychology, or other related social or behavioral science field.
2. Training in one of the following advanced statistical methods: multilevel analyses or structural equation modeling as evidenced by application materials.
3. At least 2 years data analysis experience with research databases as evidenced by application materials.
4. At least 2 years experience with a major statistical package such as SAS, SPSS, or R as evidenced by application materials.
5. Experience in writing statistical methods and analysis sections for grant submissions as evidenced by application materials.
1. Training in each of the following advanced statistical methods: multilevel analyses and structural equation modeling.
2. Experience conducting multivariate or multi-level statistical analyses in academic databases.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
4. Demonstrated ability to work well with a wide variety of clients.
5. Publication record demonstrating ability to perform advanced statistical analyses.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete online application includes a cover letter, CV and contact information for 3 professional references.
Application deadline is October 11th. For first consideration, please apply before that date.
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
Research Design and Analysis Unit
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Advertised Salary Range
A-Unclassified Academic Staff
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Assistant Professor Of Mathematics, Mathematics and Statistics, United States, 2 days ago
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of applied and computational...
Assistant Director Of Transfer And Military Success Center, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Department Transfer and Military Success Center Job Posting Title Assistant Director of Transfer and Military Success Center Job Description Position Description: The Assistant Director will coord...
Head Men’s Wrestling Coach, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Department Office of Athletics Job Posting Title Head Men’s Wrestling Coach Job Description Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree Wrestlin...
Admissions Counselor, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Department Admissions Job Posting Title Admissions Counselor Job Description Position Description: Fort Hays State University is seeking applications for an Admissions Counselor opening. Admission...
Assistant Director Admissions Graduate Recruitment/Crm Management, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Assistant Director of Admissions assists in the attainment of student recruitment goals and increasing overall diversity for KCU. This position develops and m...
Standardized Patient, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: General Responsibility The Standardized Patient reports directly to the Medical Director and Assistant Director of the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSSC)...